PDA

View Full Version : Duncan and Drager?

chrismoses
1st November 2001, 20:45
I was inexorably drawn back to Ron Duncan's infamous web site, after finding out that he is now referring to himself as O'Sensei. In his biography section, it lists Don Drager as one of his instructors. I hadn't heard that one before, anyone know if this is even based in fact? I realize that this may be better suited to a certain other forum, but figured that the people in the know would more likely be hanging out in this one. Thanks.

Charlie Kondek
1st November 2001, 21:53
Indeed, you may be right. Where's the site?

chrismoses
1st November 2001, 22:00
Sorry, I should have included that earlier. Check out http://www.wayofthewinds.com/bio.htm for his latest details.

Nathan Scott
2nd November 2001, 01:07
Now we're talking my language.

I was just enjoying a couple of Mr. Duncan's videos with some friends in Arizona. They were as shocked, as I originally was, to discover that techniques of that level have actually been documented.

The chances of Mr. Duncan training with Mr. Draeger are about... zero.

Mr. Duncan has been around for a while, and it is possible that he might have met him somewhere, but the only relationship Mr. Duncan has with Draeger is what he quotes out of Draeger's three part Classical Bujutsu book series.

:)

Still waiting for my autographed photo...

stevemcgee99
2nd November 2001, 17:16
This guy, unless he's a victim of a practical joke or an unrelated group using his photosto sell stuff, has got incredible psychological control. He must believe this stuff if he posts it for the world to see.

What awesome power the mind has. I wonder if this is the trick of those think and grow rich people, to believe your "story" until it becomes true. Does this guy think one thing, recognizing truth and reality, and tell another more attractive story, like a used car salesman? Then I'd consider him to be bold. But if he actually operates in the world with this self-image- it's like those guys who think they're Napolean.

Someone should study this guy for a documentary.

I actually enjoyed looking at the links above. It was fun, like "Mystery Science Theatre 3000".

Steve McGee

Tetsuo
2nd November 2001, 21:52
In the case of the arrow stopping defense...the archer missed his target by about 3 feet to the left. He's pretty good, I have to admit, if ever I'm in danger of losing an arrow when I shoot, I'll know who to get.

Jesse Pelayo

John Lindsey
2nd November 2001, 23:44
The chances of Mr. Duncan training with Mr. Draeger are about... zero.

Actually, I think it was Ellis Amdur who mentioned that Ron did train with Draeger... in Judo I think.

Tetsutaka
3rd November 2001, 04:01
judo - yes

Nathan Scott
3rd November 2001, 04:38
What the? Could this be true? Could there be more than one Ron Duncan?

I would have liked to have seen those classes.

What a quagmire. How could such a thing be?

How terribly disconcerting.

I find my intellect hopelessly snarled with the dichotomy of two seemingly opposed realities.

I'm going to go make some green tea and reconsider all that I have come to believe and accept as truth.

There must be some mistake...

Jay Bell
3rd November 2001, 05:15
yow:eek:

Might wunna throw some Scotch in the pot too, Nathan.

Does anyone know the length of time he studied under Mr. Draeger?

Kyoshi Perry
3rd November 2001, 06:45
Do any of you guys actually know who Ronald Duncan is or has anyone seen him in person?

Perry

Steven Malanosk
3rd November 2001, 17:23
Hello fellas,

You know, it kind of makes me laugh, as to the way a lot of you think that Draeger Sensei was this person who only the elite could have ever trained with or gotten to know.

Not all of his friends and or followers, where these known KoRyu people that so pedantically seem to want to cannonize him as their personal private patron saint, which no one else has business even mentioning.

He was a man before his time.

Most who crossed his path, are rarely if ever mentioned.

Why? Well, please remember, that most where American Military men, and it was quite a long time ago.

My father, Victor Malanoski, " AKA " Miller, was a friend of Draeger Sensei, back in the 50's, and yes, as a kid, even I got to meet him on occaision.

Of course there are going to be those who will use his name to benefit their own lies, but come on! How can a man have had so much impact on the martial arts, especially as US Marine, without leaving a legacy of friends and aquaintances a mile long?

It would be different, if folks where claiming rank or affiliation from him.

I can tell you right now, that a lot of the old timers, received help or at least guidence as to who to study with and where to go, from Draeger Sensei.

As for Ron Duncan, I have seen him.

He is quite talented.

Not a flake, at all!

Is he a ninja? Well not being one myself :nin: I guess I would not know. But he is probably a lot more knowledgeable and talented than MOST of you.

He has been around for a long time " understatement "

Did he train or socialize with Draeger Sensei?

Well, I personally have no reason to doubt his word.

If you knew anything about him, you would see that after all these years, and all of the respect that those who DO know what exactly he is capable of, have for him, you would then see, that he does not have the need to lie about it.

I cant blame guys like Skoss Sensei, for wanting to monitor who userp Draeger Sensei's name.

But he touched so many, and thats way before MOST of you ever donned a Gi, or even a diaper!

Thats my SATORY and I'm stickin to it.

Jay Bell
3rd November 2001, 20:03
He is quite talented.

Not a flake, at all!

Uhh..wrong. 100% of....correction....99% of what he claims is false. That does make him quite the flake.

"Daito ryu Aikijujitsu" - First it would make some sense if he knew how to spell the traditions he claims. If you look at the pics on his site, he seems to have forgotten how to wear daisho. Not something I would expect from a former Daito ryu deshi.

"Koga ryu Ninjitsu" - Woops...there's that damn spell checker again missin that one. I won't even drudge this up...it's been beaten to death already. All it all...point me made, the man is a liar.

"Hakko ryu Jujitsu" - :D Uh huh. Anyone of the three lines want to trash that story?

and on and on...

Now, back to Draeger. The point wasn't shaking to me that he studied with Draeger. It was shaking because for once in the history of the man, he told the truth.

If it looks like a flake, lies like a flake and takes advantage of people like a flake...guess what buddy?

Brently Keen
4th November 2001, 01:40
:o The proof is on the videos. :D :D :D

He hasn't an authentic aiki or ninpo gene in his body or his lineage. :smash:

Brently Keen

6th November 2001, 22:35
Guys, Guys, Guys.....

You've got ol' Ronnie all wrong. He really is a man of martial genius....a genuine ninja if there ever was one. I mean only someone of such incredible psychic talent and mentally subversive technique could make all of us squirm uncontrollably on the floor, utter such strange gutteral sounds and almost urinate on ourselves like he does. It's the simple things he does and says that really send us sprawling. He doesn't even need to physically touch us. It's the elusive "no touch" throw!

Da moon evolvin' around the sun.....

Aiiiiii icky do......

Jieverjatada (yawara)

Heeeeesawww! (kiai)

And who can forget that suprise "hanging from the tree" attack!

A young kid once asked me "Who's the that dude with the invisible plexiglass ninja weapons "

I answered ....Thats grandmaster O'Sensei Ron Duncan.

"Whats he master of ?" asked the kid.

"....Monowarai no Tane ryu....." I answered.

from the Duncan ha Monowarai no Tane ryu Okuden Mokuroku -

"Duncan ha Aiiiii icky is to defeat your enemies with just a word....or even a video."

:)

Toby

Brently Keen
6th November 2001, 23:32
You're absolutely right Toby!

Just for the record, I had my tongue planted firmly in my cheek when I made that comment about no aiki or nimpo genes in O'Sensei Ronnie ;) imho he's the only true successor of Monowarai no Tane-ryu, and he's no doubt a master's master.

Brently Keen