PDA

View Full Version : Moving Location

Iain
4th November 2001, 22:49
Unfortunately, after numerous years at our current location, the Ju Jitsu Dojo I train at is being forced to move due to financial considerations. We're currently looking at a few options such as working our of a community centre, or maybe piggybacking off of another Studio untill we've saved up enough money to obtain a mortgage on a new location that's in a little better location than our current place. Anyway, I'm just wondering what to expect out of the move. How many students are we likely to loose? Is there anything we can do to stop from loosing too many? Is there a better option when it comes to moving into a new location? Is there anything else we should know? We're pretty much flat broke right now, and whatever venture we start has to break even starting day one, or it's just not going to happen. We still have mats and all the requsite equpment, so we don't have to buy anything, but it's still going to be tricky. I'm sure some of the people on this board have probably gone through the same thing, so any advice or words of wisdom wuld be much appreciated.