PDA

View Full Version : Why wont any dojo except my challenges

Lee litz
10th November 2001, 06:43
I've been to three dojos in my area and no-one will except my challenges.

Gabe litz
10th November 2001, 07:15
First of all no relation

I've had many problems with the same thing it as if the schools around here are not made for fighting but instead as confidece boosters anymore. I mean you can think you can whoop the crap out of a couple of thugs but thats not going to get you anywhere except the hospital

MarkF
10th November 2001, 10:20
I'm not sure what typeof challenges you mean, but if it is "dojo arashi" (dojo storming), that went out for at least one reason: Lawsuits. Another is that perhaps the challenges were to be "on the spot" with no barriers discussed. This, too, is an old school thing and may be how you came across with your challenges.

Mark

PS: You may wish to get together to discuss an invitational tournament, or a closed tournament between two dojo. Those seem to work out nicely.

No relation, huh?

Kit LeBlanc
10th November 2001, 10:38
Whichever one of you is in Oregon, come on up to Portland and challenge them over at the Straight Blast gym. I am sure they will be MORE than happy to oblige......

Yamantaka
10th November 2001, 16:11
Originally posted by Lee litz
I've been to three dojos in my area and no-one will except my challenges.

YAMANTAKA : Perhaps because of that :

Interests : I wonder
Martial Art: two fisted drunken fox
(from your profile)
It's any wonder that people do not accept challenges from such a vacuum? :rolleyes:
And you and Gabe are not soul-brothers? Difficult to believe...same style, same interesting MA, same jokes...:rolleyes:
Ciao:wave:

Adam Crawley
11th November 2001, 06:41
It is quite sad that someone like that would go through any trouble to bother making a profile at all. I really have a difficult time understanding the mentality of people who obviously care enough about martial arts to visit this board, but yet lack enough interest to post intelligently or even make the effort of looking intelligent.

Thanks for brining this to our attention Yamantaka.