PDA

View Full Version : Judo Instructor

BDKF
6th December 2001, 14:50
Hi, I am new to the forum and the Japanese martial arts world and I have a question about a Judo instructor in my hometown. I met a man named Roger Rodolphe who teaches Judo and I wondered if anyone has had any dealings with him. He was a very nice man, but I just wanted to know about him. Thank you.

Tony Kemerly

MarkF
7th December 2001, 11:01
No, I can't help you there, but I did find a web site with some information on him and another instructor by the name of Ben Siegel.

http://www.people-places.com/judo/classes.html

Siegel is listed with a 2-dan and Rodolphe a 7-dan. This is a pretty lofty rank for this country, but if you are looking to get some background on him, try the three legitimate judo organizations. I get the feeling since the site says he is "Shichi-dan in Judo and jujitsu" it may be with the USJA. that is the only judo organization which gives limited grade in a few other MA.

The other organizations are the USJF and the USJI, or USA judo, Inc, which is the national governing body over the other two. They all certify rank, but one can have one grade in one org., and a different one in another. You may also check the USJJF, an umbrella organization for modern styles of jujitsu.

Mark