PDA

View Full Version : Yokoyama & Oshima's JUDO (1915)

efb8th
13th December 2001, 16:25
For anyone who covets this text in hard copy: The following announcement is on abebooks.com

1. Yokoyama, Sakujiro and Eisuke Oshima Judo
Kanda, Tokyo: Nishodo, 1915 Hb. Good/No Jacket. minor edgewear and light soiling to cover, boards warped slightly; else G+, tight inner pgs.; translated by Yamakichi Horiguchi . Bookseller Inventory # 017989
Price: US$ 100.00 convert currency
Presented by Books & Memories, Syracuse, NY, U.S.A.
order options

It looks like a good reading copy, and you won't beat the price.

Good Hunting!

Regards,

MarkF
14th December 2001, 09:35
Originally posted by efb8th
It looks like a good reading copy, and you won't beat the price.

Good Hunting!

You're right on both counts. It seems to make a good reading copy and the price is right.

Abebooks.com has a pretty good rep. in the used book department so it is definitely worth checking out.

I'm still waiting on Northmain for Canon of Judo, and even though I don't have the book, Judo Kyohan I've read. For that purpose I also recommend it.

Mark

efb8th
14th December 2001, 16:56
Hi, Mark.

Abebooks.com has your Mifune.

1. Mifune, Kyuzo Canon of Judo. Principle and Technique.
Tokyo: Seibundo-Shinkosha. 1959 Third printing. Small quarto. Black stamped coarse white cloth. Cloth has a bit of light soiling and a trace of edge tanning else near fine. Importer's small label is affixed to top front pastedown. A beautiful copy of this excellent and profusely illustrated 'bible' of judo. Translated by K. Sugai. A scarce and sought after judo title.1959. Cloth. Bookseller Inventory # 1005291
Price: US$ 1250.00 convert currency
Presented by Pawprint Books, Oradell, NJ, U.S.A.
order options

A little pricey though, don't you think?

Regards,

angrytiger
29th December 2001, 01:04
Hi Mark,
I have a copy of "Canon of Judo" for sale. If you are interesed in it, let me know. It's less than half the price of the one posted on ABEbooks.com .
Ken Wyatt