PDA

View Full Version : tsubame gaeshi

shugyosha
16th December 2001, 03:49
i just seen a technic called tsubame gaeshi in a shorinji kempo websit (kensen kai home page)
i wonder, this if this technic has anithing to do with the sasaki kojiru kenjutsu technic in the same name.
i dont know wich ryu so doshin train in the black dragon sect, and i know nothing about this sect in fact.
maybe this technic come from aikijutsu he learnt from
sokaku takeda, and i think that sokaku was also a master of kenjutsu but daito ryu have no relation with ganryu kenjutsu as far as i know.
so it maybe just a chance that this two technics have the same name.:confused:

hyaku
16th December 2001, 11:24
Koijiro Sasaki (ganryu) was still very young when he died. There seems to be no records or Ryu in existance that follow his methods.

My ryu has a tsubame gaeshi technique and although we are quite near to Sasaki's old home there seems to be no connection we know of.

http://www.bunbun.ne.jp/~sword/K1.html

Hyakutake Colin

Anders Pettersson
16th December 2001, 14:40
Originally posted by shugyosha
i just seen a technic called tsubame gaeshi in a shorinji kempo websit (kensen kai home page)
i wonder, this if this technic has anithing to do with the sasaki kojiru kenjutsu technic in the same name.

First of all welcome to E-budo shugyosha :wave:
Please note the forum rules and please sign your posts with your full name.

As far as I know our techniques have nothing in common with sword techniques (I have never practised any sword arts so it is difficult to be 100% sure).

I think that the similar name is just a coincidence.

shugyosha
16th December 2001, 22:51
ok thank you:)

jimi demi

well what if i prefer sign with only shugyo sha?

Anders Pettersson
16th December 2001, 23:29

jimi demi

Well then I guess you are out of here. :nono:

It is quite simple, follow the forum rules as everybody else. If you sign with your real name most people tend to treat you with more respect and answer your questions.

You find the rules at the bottom of each page.
Forum Rules:
Please sign your posts with your full name.
Profanity will not be tolerated.
Blatant commercial advertising is not allowed.
Treat your fellow E-Budo members with respect.

hyaku
17th December 2001, 00:40
ok thank you:)

jimi demi

What if we "all" sign in as Shugyosha. Ive been travelling about in search of MA for over thirty years and still drive over 300 Kilometres a week.

Hyakutake Colin

Kimpatsu
17th December 2001, 03:32
FYI,
There is also a judo waza called Tubamae Gaeshi, but again, only the name is the same, and the technique itself bears no resemblance to the SK waza. I think the imagery was the same in the respective founders' minds, but the application is very different.
HTH,