PDA

View Full Version : How To?

Paul Steadman
18th December 2001, 01:49
Hi All,

How does one adjust the order of posts by time-in, ascending/descending and paost from 1 to 100 days ago etc? I click on the options (drop down menus) but then nothing changes, and there is no 'go,' button to click or anything!

So am I missing something? I'd like to view past posts from beyaond thirty days ago. Please help.

Regards,

Paul Steadman

Daniel Lee
18th December 2001, 02:44
Paul,

I think John Lindsey might still be working on getting everything back on line after what seemed to be a hackers vandalism on this site recently. Give it a few more weeks.

BTW, I'll be in Oz enjoying a hot xmas in the next few days! Hope you and yours have a great holiday season :santa:

Daniel Lee

Paul Steadman
19th December 2001, 07:06
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response. Could you please advise me of your contact details in Oz, I have some items to send to you. All the best.

Cheers,

Paul Steadman

MarkF
19th December 2001, 13:11
Hi, Paul,
The last time I tried to explain this I was told it didn't work, but I just did as you wanted, that is, to change the page or thread view to 100 days, or show all threads. You can also set the number of threads per page you wish to view, the limit, I believe is forty. That should fix you up for now.

The "How to" is to go into your edit options list by clicking on the "Change Profile" at the top of any page, then clicking on "edit Options."

Down the page, you should find a section called "Thread View Options" or something close to that. Change your setting to view all posts for, say, one-hundred days, or "the last year", then change the number of posts per page up to forty or however many you can stand while waiting to download.;)

There are some problems due to a hacker and the back-up used wasn't as current, so some stuff as in the buttons, aren't there for the time being. I agree with the few weeks wait on the upgrade.

Now if you can't do it, and since I just did to see if it were to work, then I am either blessed or cursed, something I'll find out when I return to put everything back the way they were, or such as they are.:)

Good luck!

Mark