PDA

View Full Version : Embedding an image in a posting

Ginzu Girl
28th December 2001, 23:07
Oh great Moderators of the Cyber-Dojo.:mst:
I cannot figure out how to put an image in my posting.

Must I use the "Attach File" command? How do I then place the image where I want in my message?

Do I use the "IMG" command? If so, I am unsure what to put inside the codes. http://

I am surrounded in shadow and illusion and await the great light of your wisdom. . .:smilejapa

Ginzu Girl
2nd January 2002, 15:51
Thank you Robert!
Does it always show up at the end of the message?
Or is there some way to insert it in the middle of your text?

Ginzu Girl
2nd January 2002, 15:55
Thank you Robert!
Does it always show up at the end of the message?
Or is there some way to insert it in the middle of your text?daruma.jpg

Hmm, looks like I'll have to do some image editting too.

ghp
16th August 2002, 20:52
NICE dojo!

Just testing my capability to attach. For a long time I thought the image had to have an "http:" tag.

--Guy

MarkF
17th August 2002, 11:38
If you want to to move it around, and the pic is from a web site, you can still use "img" code for it. To attach a pic from your hard drive is when you need to use the attachment thingy.

Use these [] bracketts with img inside for the beginning tag, and use these [/] with the slash before "img" so you have some say in where it goes. No size rules, but any large image should be taken down a notch. Nothing like pic of a nearly naked girl which is sized juuuuust right.;) (Check to see if "img" code is on at the bottom of the post page, and make sure your attachments are under the size requirements).

Mark

John Lindsey
23rd August 2002, 06:18
Thats right, you can only use it once.

Yamantaka
23rd August 2002, 11:40
Humm...Like that? (brazilian native american Torii)

Cady Goldfield
30th August 2002, 17:36
Looks like fun. I'll have to find a photo though. Too lazy to scan! :)

cguzik
31st August 2002, 00:40
I've discovered that sometimes when I use the img tag, my post just ends up showing the URL that I put inside the tags. Anybody know why it sometimes will display the image and other times just the URL?

Chris