PDA

View Full Version : First Aid, CPR & Defib

joe yang
8th January 2002, 05:47
Just to stop playing the fool for a minute, there is a thread on reiki on the meditation forum. No one's reading it, but a comment was made about learning to harm and learning to heal. Good point. Thought I'd post this here where I think it would get the most attention. I think most of the Martial Artists with LE background follow this forum.

First Aid and CPR training isn't cheap, if you pay for it out of pocket. A lot of you probably get certified on the job. If you don't, there is no excuse for not being certified. Now that everyone is getting defibrilators and First Aid and CPR standards are being overhauled, a lot of recertification is going on. Con your way into a class if you have to. There are a lot of classes going on, flash some tin if you must. The training, the opportunies to save a life have never been better. You can use this stuff at tournaments, in the dojang, at your kids atheletic events. Anyone can learn from the Red Cross or the American Heart Association. Every serious martial artist should. There is no escuse for every cop, deputy, CO, security guard out there for not having life saving skills. That said, I'll hop off my soap box and get back to being stupid at the NHB&G.

Sgathak
11th January 2002, 21:48
Damn skippy!:toast:

J Robbins

Aaron T. Fields
12th January 2002, 18:58
Check with your local Fire Dept. I know my dept offers classes for the public on occasion. (Just like all the Defensive tactics threads, learn the skills from folks that use the skills "real-time" ;) )