PDA

View Full Version : Nishijin Iaito?

fifthchamber
10th January 2002, 14:44
Hello all,
I have recently purchased a Iaito from Nishijin.com and was wondering if anyone here had any experience of their blades and any possible problems that I could face from the sword/koshirae... I am not expecting any trouble at all with it but thought that asking here would pre-empt any possible difficulties that I could run into.
Also, how is delivery of the blade arranged...and does it run smoothly?
Thanks for the assistance.
Abayo.

m a s a m u n e
10th January 2002, 17:27
The URL "Nishijin.com" isn't working...

- Alex Guillermo -

fifthchamber
11th January 2002, 13:38
Hi Alex,
The URL is www.japanesesword.net for Nishijin swords..Very good site..They have occasional Shinken for sale..Gendai, Shinto, and Shinshinto usually but worth keeping an eye on if you collect..
Also there is a Shinsakuto order system for customised blades.
Abayo.

pgsmith
11th January 2002, 14:32
Hi Ben,
That is actually a storefront for Tozando. Quite a few people at our school use their iaito. They are well and sturdily built, and have good balance. The only problems I have seen is that the tsukamaki is not as tight as it could be (I've been spoiled by Nosyuiaido!) and the saya is carved fairly large resulting in a bit more rattling than I would like. The only problems I have seen as far as ordering from them is that sometimes they are slow. All in all, they are a good iaito for the price, and I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

Cheers,

fifthchamber
11th January 2002, 14:45
Hello Paul,
Thanks for the response...as I expected. They did seem good for the price..A good go-between before getting enough cash for a Nosyuiaido blade.
Thanks for the report sir.
Abayo.

Paul Steadman
21st January 2002, 10:37
Hi Robert,

I recognised Sekiguchi Sensei's kamon on your post and saw that you are a member of the Komei Juku in the US. I've trained with Sensei a number of times here in Australia although I'm not a member of Komei Juku. He's swordsmanship was fantastic! How's the US dojo going?

Cheers,

Paul Steadman