PDA

View Full Version : Arrest and restraint

popupsoldier
16th January 2002, 02:56
Dear members,

Is anyone out there know of any web-pages which deal with the 'technique' side of arresting and restraint techniques used by security/police ??

Any help is much appreciated.

Tim Oldham

James Williams
17th January 2002, 16:37
Double post.

James Williams
17th January 2002, 16:43
Tom,

What specifically are your asking for? Pictures on a site will not give sufficient information for proper application of technique. If you have some specific questions give me a call. 760 753-2060.

AmerROSS
17th January 2002, 18:22
Try reading the material at www.subjectcontrol.com.

INFINOO
17th January 2002, 19:48
Check out www.rovere.com
Gregory Rogalsky
Rogalsky Combatives International

popupsoldier
17th January 2002, 21:26
Dear members,

Thank-you for your open response !

The web-pages were fantastic and were very professionally presented. (well done to the web-page-designers of both pages listed above).

John : Yes - my question related to the technical aspect of removal and control of a subject. Any theory or sequences of pics on practical aspects of application on techniques is what I'm after. I do agree however, that I cannot gain complete knowledge and understanding of a technique from just pics.

In any event, can anyone suggest (maybe describe) some sought of 'come-along' technique; if there is a net reference, it may help with the descriptor.

Many thanks for your time.

Tim Oldham

Kit LeBlanc
22nd January 2002, 04:06
http://www.arrestling.com

George Ledyard
22nd January 2002, 06:08
Originally posted by popupsoldier
Dear members,

Is anyone out there know of any web-pages which deal with the 'technique' side of arresting and restraint techniques used by security/police ??

Any help is much appreciated.

Tim Oldham

Our stuff is located at www.dtoptions.com
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. All the other suggestions from the other posters are excellent as well.

Joseph Svinth
22nd January 2002, 06:32
George --

I couldn't get that one to open. Is it the same as http://www.aikieast.com/deftacop.html ?

George Ledyard
22nd January 2002, 14:12
Originally posted by Joseph Svinth
George --

I couldn't get that one to open. Is it the same as http://www.aikieast.com/deftacop.html ?

There may be a problem with the server. It is supposed to take you to the same homepage as www.aikieast.com which I know is working. Anyway, yes, that URL will take you to the real DT Homepage.

I'll check on the other one. My Host my havescrewed up again.

Mark Brecht
22nd January 2002, 14:37
Originally posted by George Ledyard

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. All the other suggestions from the other posters are excellent as well.

Hi,

I am curious. How many misdemenor and felony arrests have you done? How many were suspects were armed with firearms? How many with other weapons?

George Ledyard
24th January 2002, 06:21
Originally posted by Mark Brecht

Hi,

I am curious. How many misdemenor and felony arrests have you done? How many were suspects were armed with firearms? How many with other weapons?

I answered this earlier but somehow the system ate my response during the down time for the site.

I am actually not a police officer. Due to a unique set of circumstances I am the only non-poice officer DT Master Instructor in Washington state. Because of political considerations there won't be any after me. So I spend my time training others and researching new stuff and then training again. I do training for Departments that are too small to bother getting their own instructors certified, teach DT for the local community college, and help out at the academy occasionally.

My students however are active law enforcement and security personnel and they have used the techniques we've worked out pretty successfully. Nothing stays in the system that my guys find doesn't work for them. In fact that's how most of our stuff was worked outin the first place. My guys would tell me what they needed to be able to do and based on my Aikido experience we'd work out the techniques togetyher. Then they'd take them out on the street and we'd rework anything that wasn't directly applicable. I added some things based on the training I got from the police academy, especially on the empty hand impact and baton side of things (the head of instructor training here is an instructor under Dan Inosanto and he has some very good stuff).

It's took about five years of practice to get the whole program where we wanted it but it's pretty tight now. It is not designed to be taught in the Department setting. It is way too complex for teaching to guys who won't train more than once every couple of years for four hours or so. We have a very simplified program for them. But the on-going training we offer in our own classes eventually leads to a system that incorporates a unified set of principles that cover techniques that can apply at all levels of force from ultra low level up to deadly force.

Mostly these days the changes we make aren't in what we teach but how we teach it. We acquired some great body armor based on recommendations from Peyton Quinn and have been able to incorporate real full contact training into our Level Two program. We have been moving towards use of airsoft BB guns for force on force training but my instructors have been so busy we haven't completely developed it yet. Should be exciting when we get it done. A lot of what we do we do because it is interesting and beneficial to ourselves. Unless you really push the marketing there isn't really enough training being done by departments to justify the amount of time and effort we have put into the program.