18th January 2002, 09:18
Originally posted by ranZ
What is Jidokwan Jujutsu actually?
is it a mix of Jujutsu & Taekwondo?
anybody ever learn this?
--------------------------
Wulan Pusponegoro

YAMANTAKA : Hello, Wulan!

I've nothing against "mixed" martial arts. After all, that's what our founding fathers (Ueshiba, Kano...) did. But I have a strong distaste for people with little experience and very uncultured who try to "create" their own arts. After a thousand years, almost everything that could be done to our bodies, has been done. After all, we have a body, a head, two arms and two legs. Not much to do with that...
Also an art that calls itself by a "mixed name" (!!!) is even more suspect. If the creator was korean, it should be called Jidokwan Yusool, not jujutsu. And the "mix" of Taekwondo and Jujutsu has already been done and it's called Hapkido.
Oh, well...:rolleyes:
Best

ranZ
18th January 2002, 14:56
Hi Mr Ubaldo!

I've nothing against mix MA either, i'm just curious on what this MA has to offer. their site is www.jidokwan.com
They have lots of branch all over the world, one of it is in Indonesia, but i've just never heard of it.
i just thought someone could fill me in.
thx. (cute kiwi btw :) )

------------------
Wulan Pusponegoro

MarkF
19th January 2002, 08:58
I'll just agree with my friend Yamantaka concerning MMA. But I also must add that the first thing which hits you when going exploring, is the offer of school, national, or international charters. Not only that, but the offer to speed up your grade in any MA one chooses (one's own).

I also found it nearly absent of content. The site is pretty, makes nice sounds and announcements. This is unnecessary clutter.

Everything seems to lead to something which leads to a price.

Nothing wrong with making a few bucks honestly, but I don't get that feeling with this organization. I also am just wondering a bit over the short name they have chosen: IJF. Since the International Judo Federation is located in So. Korea, it probably would be a good idea to mention "no connection to the International Judo Federation, IJF."

I also don't find that it is a MMA. It is an organization which offers people a choice to be a member, whatever the MA is. It is not mixed, they are all separate.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about this website.

Mark

ranZ
19th January 2002, 16:29
Originally posted by MarkF
I also don't find that it is a MMA. It is an organization which offers people a choice to be a member, whatever the MA is. It is not mixed, they are all separate.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about this website.

Mark [/B]

Apparently it's not a MMA, just an org.
Call me green, but i'm confused... how can an organization award someone with a dan rank just by paying some bucks without even having to look at his/her face.
aiyaa... no wonder belts are cheap n corny theese days. (*remembering the 3 tenange ninjas something movie*)

How about Ketsugo Jujutsu ..or was it Jujitsu? created by a Professor Harold Ambrosius, does anyone have an info? like where did he obtain his 10th dan degree?

Brian Griffin
20th January 2002, 19:46
Originally posted by ranZ
How about Ketsugo Jujutsu ..or was it Jujitsu? created by a Professor Harold Ambrosius, does anyone have an info? like where did he obtain his 10th dan degree?
You can find some history of Harold Brosious at the Har-Bro Dojo website (http://home1.gte.net/ketsugo/), and you can read about the connection betweeen his Ketsugo and George Kirby's Budoshin style here (http://www.budoshin.com/bjjfact.html).
I believe his 10th dan may have been awarded by the AJA.

MarkF
21st January 2002, 08:40
Yep. The AJA. George Kirby, chairman of the board of directors of the AJA which did award Brocious's 10-dan. George Kirby is now a ten dan in his modern idea of ju-jitsu through the teachings of Jack "Zanzo Zeki" Haywood's teachings, a basic mishmash of Kodokan judo. Kirby calls his version, Budoshin ju jitsu.

ranZ
21st January 2002, 09:59
Thank's for the fill in Mark & Brian!

-wulan-