PDA

View Full Version : Schools in FNQ

The Headless Horseman
23rd July 2000, 09:24
Hello everyone. I'm very new to this. Just out of curiosity (This is a long shot) are there any classes for sword: Iaijutsu/Kenjutsu in Cairns (Aust)? Thankyou

Bernie Accola.

Neil Hawkins
23rd July 2000, 23:34
I don't know of anyone up there and I don't remember seeing any adds or anything when I was last up there, but I'll ask around.

There is probably some Iaido there, have you been doing the jutsu styles and want to continue or are you looking to start?

Regards
Neil

The Headless Horseman
24th July 2000, 12:06
Dear Neil, I have been studying MJER Iaijutsu in Sydney for a year and I am really enjoying it. I am just surveying the option of a move to Cairns within the next few years (when I finish Tech). However I wouldn't want to miss going to training in Sydney. But any info is however appreciated! I guess I'm just curious at this stage. I must say that warm weather all year round appeals to me.

Cheers,
Bernie Accola

BumbleBee
25th July 2000, 07:42
Hi Neil,

I'm from down here in Melbourne at am curious as to what Koryu you have up there in Brisbane?

In fact if you know of any other schools anywhere here in the merry land of Oz it would be most appreriate.

Bit about myself: I study Shingen Ryu Kenjutsu in Melbourne and am just interested in learning more about Koryu in Australia.

Bye.

Neil Hawkins
27th July 2000, 09:04
Koryu is very rare in Aus, or it's very well hidden!

I would be interested in compiling a list, but we should move this to General Koryu as they wouldn't be specifically sword based.

Regards
Neil