PDA

View Full Version : Chokushin Aiki Jujutsu/ Tamura family

PRehse
26th January 2002, 16:26
Does anyone have any more information concerning Chokushin Aiki Jujutsu. All I was able to do is find a link
http://www.martialartsclub.uwaterloo.ca/Aiki/AikiJujutsu.html

Just curious (came across the group in a search for a short term training place).

Yamantaka
27th January 2002, 10:43
Originally posted by PRehse
Does anyone have any more information concerning Chokushin Aiki Jujutsu. All I was able to do is find a link
http://www.martialartsclub.uwaterloo.ca/Aiki/AikiJujutsu.html
Just curious (came across the group in a search for a short term training place).

YAMANTAKA : I really don't know, Peter...they seem a bit fishy...:confused:
Their website is full of mistakes and misspellings. Tenshin Shin'yo Ryu Jujutsu was never Tenshin Aikijujutsu!!!...Their history also is way out, in the Bozone...:eek:
It's unclear if they are koryu or Gendai, if their art is a modern concoction or a traditional older art... Anyway, they don't seem to be included in the Bugei Ryuha Daijiten (as far as I could gather).
I'd be very wary of them. They may be the real McCoy...or Not.
Take care
:toast:

Brently Keen
29th January 2002, 22:54
Red Flag Alert!

This group has all the markings of a modern fabrication posing as yet another Daito-ryu derivitive. Think judo + aikido (or maybe Kaze Arashi-ryu) and a little karate thrown in for good measure.

1.) Look at the recommended reference books

2.) Look at their claimed history

It was obviously pulled right off the internet, complete with some of the classic mis-spellings of our more famous "wannabe Daito-ryu" groups.

3.) Who ever heard of "Tamura"?

4.) Look at the curriculum and terminology

5.) Look at their ranking structure

It's rather obvious that this is not an authentic aikijujutsu style with any real connection to Daito-ryu at all, but a modern fabricated system. However, they might be great guys and all who knows? If you're going to be in the area why not visit and see yourself? You can then come back and report to us whatever you discover.

Brently Keen

Disclaimer: This post is my personal opinion based only on my first impression after reviewing their website. If anyone can provide conclusive evidence to the contrary - I'll be happy to amend my remarks.

PRehse
2nd February 2002, 22:45
I had a Japanese dojo mate visiting the town from from Osaka and we were looking for a place to borrow for a bit of training since I was from some distance away. The person was nice enough but when we suggested a visit we were politely pointed to an Aikido dojo.

Decided not to visit and drink beer instead. Time was short and there was no need to raise a fuss.

Thanks for the input though. Other sources basically agree with what's been posted.