PDA

View Full Version : Kiyota

KarateMonk
24th July 2000, 05:37
Has anyone every ordered boken from Kiyota? What do you think of their quality? I've got their catalog and it seems that they are a bit expensive. Are they worth it?

Neil Yamamoto
24th July 2000, 05:39
Though I have not ordered from Kiyota in a while, I have never had any complaints with their quality or service. Always friendly, helpful and easy to deal with on any problems that may occur.

Only complaint is they are not online and catalogs are hard to come by.

Shinobi
24th July 2000, 06:47
He is great guy. If you order over a certain price, the prices drop! Great quality stuff too, and he's a riot in person! :)

Dojorat
24th July 2000, 13:12
Greetins,

I have purchased several bokken from Kiyota. Both white oak. Both of the best quality I have seen. The challenge is to fully appreciate the variety of different styles and types of wood he offers. The next challenge is navigating the selection in his store. Just browsing through his other wares and meeting Mr. Kiyota is well worth the trip to Baltimore.

Cheers,

Justin Campbell
25th July 2000, 02:25
Just placed an order today. He was great and I have heard nothing but the best about the person, the business and the quality of his goods.

Justin Campbell

HanashiBugeisha
27th July 2000, 04:46
Our dojo uses the Japanese white oak bokken from Kiyota. Recently we also ordered the oak naginata and were very pleased. Although I have never talked with Mr. Kiyota, one of my sempai (who does all of our ordering) has only wonderful things to say.

The bokken feel great...and outperform all other bokken in that price range that anyone in our ryuha has ever used.

My two cents....

Matthew