PDA

View Full Version : In your dreams

john mark
24th July 2000, 22:23
It happened again -- I was dreaming of slurpping buckwheat soba noodles laced with lots of wusabi .........

Does anyone know where I can buy soba in central/northern NJ?

Margaret Lo
27th July 2000, 13:31
John - you are surrounded by Chinese markets in central Jersey.

1. In Edison off Route 1 southbound, Kamman Supermarket. If you are coming from the north, Garden State, take Rte 1 south exit and go south 5 minutes, its on your right.

2. In East Brunswick, off Rte 18, which the NJ Turnpike exit 9. Take Rte 18 South from the pike and go south 5 min. to Hong Kong Market, its in the mall with Pier One.

In North Jersey - Yaohan Plaza in Fort Lee.

-M-

john mark
27th July 2000, 14:23
Lo Xiaojie,

Xie xie nin. I’ll try Yohan Plaza this weekend.

BTW – we have mutual friends (Meik & Diane).

Thanks again,
John

hyaku
27th July 2000, 14:33
Originally posted by john mark
It happened again -- I was dreaming of slurpping buckwheat soba noodles laced with lots of wusabi .........

Does anyone know where I can buy soba in central/northern NJ?

Just actually ate mine, switched on the computer and read your post. And there"s lots left over Zannen neh

Hyakutake Colin

PS do you like Zaru Udon too?

Margaret Lo
27th July 2000, 18:00
Lo Xiaojie,

BTW – we have mutual friends (Meik & Diane).

Thanks again,
John

Well pleased to make your acquaintance John - Hmm gazing into my crystal ball, I see ..... I see a big dinner at a good Chinese restaurant in our futures. :D he he.

-Margaret-

john mark
27th July 2000, 18:57
Margaret, Thank you again!! I couldn’t wait for the weekend so a few friends and I went off in search of Yoahan Plaza. The name has changed (Mistuwa Plaza), but the stores are just like the ones I am familiar with in Honky land and Japan. I had lunch at the food court -- Zaru soba with sushi – and have to report that the stuff was delicious!!!!!!!!

The supermarket has a great produce and fish section

The store reminds me of the food court in the basement of Mitsuoka (sp?) department store in Taikoo Shing, Honkers. God I miss Asia …

Now if I can find a Chinese restaurant that serves a good steamed groper .. Dinner will be my treat

Best,

Margaret Lo
27th July 2000, 19:12

God I miss Asia …

Now if I can find a Chinese restaurant that serves a good steamed groper .. Dinner will be my treat

Best,

Actually, I find Jersey to be pretty satisfactory. Favorite places:

1. Malaysian - Penang off Rte 1 in Edison
2. Chinese - Happy City - a great little family restaurant in Princeton.
3. Iselin for Indian food

WolfHound
27th July 2000, 19:14
All the Yoahans that I've seen have changed names. I guess the chain got bought out...

Mmmmm soba...Suddenly these fries don't taste so good. :)

Clark Williamson

john mark
27th July 2000, 21:52
Originally posted by WolfHound
All the Yoahans that I've seen have changed names. I guess the chain got bought out...

Mmmmm soba...Suddenly these fries don't taste so good. :)

Clark Williamson

My children love fries ... When we lived in Asia and we wanted something American, we had Mickey Ds... Would you believe McDs is cheaper in Honkers than in the US!

Colin, I love Udon

WolfHound
27th July 2000, 22:03
I felt the same way when I was stationed in England. The local off base Dominos Pizza had things like curried chicken and tomato pizza. Not my idea of Americana. :)

Burger King at the BX it is. Especially since the Mickey D's off base charged 20p/packet of ketchup.

Clark Williamson

hyaku
27th July 2000, 22:45
Double post:(

[Edited by hyaku on 07-27-2000 at 05:59 PM]

hyaku
27th July 2000, 22:50
Originally posted by hyaku
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WolfHound
[B]All the Yoahans that I've seen have changed names. I guess the chain got bought out...

Clark Williamson

Yes they went bust last year If I remember. I think they are still surviving but the main problem was with their foreign outlets which were sold off.

Hyakutake Colin