Membership and Posting Rules
E-budo.com has grown tremendously over the last 7+ years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Staff Members.
1. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters. Treat your fellow E-Budo members with respect, including comments about race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, political views, and religious preference (or lack thereof). Do not attack or insult a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner
2. You will need to sign your REAL FULL name on every post. Females members who do not feel comfortable with using their full names, may use first initial and surname: Jane Smith = J. Smith.
3. Make sure the title of the post is descriptive, and not simply “what about this” or “check this out”. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
4. Multiple or repeated posting in different forums is not allowed. If you are unsure where to post, do it in the general forum and a moderator will move it if needed.
5. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
6. Profanity will not be tolerated. This includes stealth cursing [examples: F#$K or Sv(k my c0(k]. Saying @#$%# is ok. Do not post childish comments about any of the following: important political figures, candidates, and their families. This includes the misuse of their names.
7. While we encourage you to upload pictures, nudity is not allowed in the public forums.
Blatant commercial advertising is not allowed. Posts with images of violence should contain a warning in the title. These types of images will not be tolerated if inserted at random in other discussions
8. Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, etc), is not allowed. Do not post PM's unless you have the permission from the author.
9. Any member caught using web proxy will be summarily removed from the forum. Using a web proxy is slow and hides the posters true identity (cannot be traced back). This is done for one reason and one reason only - to cause trouble.
Our forum software allows for the enforcement of our rules through the infraction option. Only moderators are allowed to issue infractions. Each infraction has a point value and forum rights are removed at certain point levels.
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums is a privilege and not a right.
Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.