Likes Likes:  4
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: New Army Combatives manual

Likes (received)

Well, I finished Level 2 certification back in April. Great class, absolutely amazing instructors, and great camaraderie amongst the students.

I was a skeptic years back, and I thought the grappling craze was going to burn out eventually... It's still here, and I confess to being a convert.

The MACP is exactly what the Army needs... It isn't about "quick killing" like some of these folks seem to think a) exists and b) is capable for a typical Soldier. It's about allowing a Soldier to fend off a potentially stronger, better prepared opponent (whether that's the reality or not), until a buddy gets there to lend a hand. I have several females in my office, quite petite, but even against the larger, male Soldiers they manage quite well to forestall any of their attempts at submissions (or anything else) with little effort... Seems to work just fine.
    Matt Stone
    VIRTUS et HONOS
    "Strength and Honor"

Likes (received)

As far as I know Jeff Prather is Arizona. The actual post was posted from a state on the other side of the US.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Roger that, George. I am suspicious of one-post wonders who slam a program to promote another, however. Thanks for checking the IP.

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by IchiRiKen1
    Well, I finished Level 2 certification back in April. Great class, absolutely amazing instructors, and great camaraderie amongst the students.

I was a skeptic years back, and I thought the grappling craze was going to burn out eventually... It's still here, and I confess to being a convert.

The MACP is exactly what the Army needs... It isn't about "quick killing" like some of these folks seem to think a) exists and b) is capable for a typical Soldier. It's about allowing a Soldier to fend off a potentially stronger, better prepared opponent (whether that's the reality or not), until a buddy gets there to lend a hand. I have several females in my office, quite petite, but even against the larger, male Soldiers they manage quite well to forestall any of their attempts at submissions (or anything else) with little effort... Seems to work just fine.
    Didn't I tell you prior to this that you will be assimilated too?

Now get your butt to the All Army this year. I will be bringing a team but I don't know if I will compete. I report to OCS after it and don't want to risk injury, but hell I might just do it anyways.
    LeTerian Bradley

There are no excuses on the mat, in the cage, or on the battlefeild! Train wisely!

Likes (received)

Asia,

Y'know, our conversations go back quite a ways... I remember the first time we reminisced about your time at Camp Zama all those years ago. I also remember my resistance to MMA-related anything. I have to say now that, having been exposed ever so slightly to "the program," I'm a dedicated convert. However, even though I recently got my permanent profile changed from a 313111 to 112111, I think I'm a little too old, and with too much mileage, to be stepping onto the mat with Soldiers far younger and in better shape than me...

I'm heading off for a 6 month "business trip" on Saturday. When I get back, I'm going to start doing a little training at Marcelo Alonzo's dojo near Fort Lewis (not actually "near;" it's relative), as well as training with my daughter at Chaisai Muay Thai a little north of here. Of course, I won't abandon my Yiliquan training at all - it's brought me this far, and has been of great utility even during Combatives work - but I'm at a point where "assimilation" of as much new material as possible is my constant focus.

Good luck at All Army, good luck at OCS (you traitorous bastard). With luck I"ll actually get to meet you face to face one day... And great job on the video at "that other forum." I laughed my !!! off...
    Matt Stone
    VIRTUS et HONOS
    "Strength and Honor"

Likes (received)

Default FM-what???

When are they going to either put it BACK, or put it on a ".pdf" document, so I can download it?

Likes (received)

Stephen, you are in luck. You can go to my webpage and download it, along with the USMC manual. Edit: see post below

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Cook View Post
    Stephen, you are in luck. You can go to my webpage and download it, along with the USMC manual.

Edit: see post below

Jeff Cook
    Jeff,

This is awesome. Thanks! I have wanted to get a hold of the MCAP manual for a long time. Thanks for making it available.

Best,
    Stephen Kotev

Likes (received)

You are quite welcome!

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Here is the new link on my web page with the MACP and MCMAP manuals: http://www.wabujitsu.com/combatives.htm . Moderator, please edit the above link in my previous post, and then delete this reply. Thanks!

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Matt, the link seems to be broken. Could you resend or submit it.
    Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Likes (received)

William, I am not Matt, but am assuming you are addressing me? My link is still good - I just checked it. If you still cannot get it to work, send an email to me at jeff@wabujitsu.com. I will respond in a few days. I am in Vietnam right now, but will be leaving here later today, thus my delay in responding.

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Cook View Post
    Your post is absolutely amazing, Jeff. Amazing for the ignorance you display about what the program truly is (again, it is NOT the manual), and amazing because it totally ignores the validity of the program - verified through actual combat in an actual combat zone.

Have you bothered to read any CALL after-action reviews, or the many successful anectdotes of US Army soldiers who have survived H2H encounters and loudly proclaim that they owe their life to MACP training? Furthermore, have you seen a SINGLE anectdote of anyone who has been killed or injured because they responded inappropriately based upon their MACP training???

Just trying to figure out where your disgruntled opinion is coming from, as it does not reflect the REALITY of this particularly successful program.

Jeff Cook
    Where can I read more about the CALL after-action reviews and, the anecdotes aof how MACP ytraining saved soldiers lives?

That would seem to be the best evidence for the current program.

My Judo Sensei has posted the story of a former student who used a Judo technique in combat in Iraq on his website.

Here is the link. The soldiers name is Capt. Rob Stanley.

http://www.bushidojudoschool.com/Our_Heroes.html

Thank you.

Mike West
    Mike West

Likes (received)

Mike, here is the CALL website: http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/call/index.asp Try this email address, and either ask for AARs, or ask for contact info for Matt Larsen, who collects the AARs: BENN.DOT.tmisd@conus.army.mil

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Have these links been disconnected they dont seem to work thanks

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast