Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Albert Church picture

Sean T. Fourkiller Guest

Unhappy Well...

Mr. Power,

I had already decided that most, if not all, of the claims/web materials of the Sacharnoski/Juko-Kai organization are probably bogus. However, I had never heard of this claim before and I had wondered if anyone else has either.

Likes (received)

Thanks Sean.

No, I had not heard that claim before. I'm happy to set the record straight and show that Kuniba Shogo sensei awarded Mr. Church a master's license in jujutsu/judo. However, that is not to say RS didn't also award Mr. Church a license from his organization -- if he did, it was much later than the original from Kuniba sensei.

Thanks for your help,
    Guy
    Guy H. Power
    Kenshinkan Dojo

Don Cunningham Guest

Juko Kai Sokeship Appointments

Shihan Gradings

The above two links are to Juko Kai's web sites. The first shows Albert Church, Jr., as a deceased member of Juko Kai who received a sokeship appointment. The second indicates Rod Sacharnoski awarded Albert Church, Jr., a shihan grading in ju-jutsu. The latter is extremely interesting since Rod has frequently claimed he was Mr. Church's student. Is it typical for the student to award a ju-jutsu dan ranking to his instructor?

Likes (received)

Hi Don,

Is it typical for the student to award a ju-jutsu dan ranking to his instructor?
    Not at all. We now see the end result of that failed social experiment, eh?

--Guy
    Guy H. Power
    Kenshinkan Dojo

JAMJTX Guest

Default Book by Albert Church

One of Church Sensei's students one time sent me copies of pictures from a book. They were of Church and Kuniba and I believe there is one of Church and Baillargeon - Kuniba's representive in the U.S. from 1964-1974.
    I believe it was a book written by Church in which Kuniba performed Katae to be photographed and used in the book.
    I will try and contact this person again and ask him to post some info here.

Jim Mc Coy

JAMJTX Guest

Default No more e-budo for me

Since I am sick and tired of e-budo (the owner and moderators) not this topic, I will not be posting to e-budo anymore.
    If anyone wishes to communicate with me re: this thread please e-mail me.

Jim Mc Coy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2