Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aikido Instructor Needed in SW Indiana.

kusanku Guest

Default Aikido Instructor Needed in SW Indiana.

A fellow Instructor, a Dojo Owner, who teaches a Karate style, has requests from people, seven to eight of them, wishing to study Aikido.

Neither he nor myself is Aikido Instriuctor level, though we are both people who do a little .Very little.:-)

What is required is an Instructor , at least Shodan level with Instructor's certification, who can get to Vincennes, Indiana and do a beginner's class, seven to eight students possible to start, in an actual valid style of Aikido, meaning one someone else besides they have heard about, serriously, any real Aikido style accepted.Aikikai, Yoshinkan, Tomiki, or even an Aikijiujitsu person should we be that lucky.

PM me on here with your email and I will contact you. If you live or know of one who lives in SW Indiana or SE Ilinois, or farther but who could get here, let me know ASAP your requirements.These folks seem seriously to wish to learn Aikido.

Anyone answering on this thread, I will PM if you wish.

I've been asked by the instructor and dojo owner, a Heck of a nice fellow, to see if we can locate one such Instructor, skillful enough to impart basics and not hurt the ukes, as soon as we can.

For some reason, these folks have an Aikido Jones.Any help, here?

Thanks in advance,

kusanku Guest

Guess nort.

Maryland, USA, by way of Bavaria, Germany, Texas, Indiana and Virginia
    Likes (received)

Default Hoosier aikido folks

Try getting in touch with Kim Sommer (ASU, Bloomington at IU, heck of a nice guy) -- kasommer@kiva.net -- he can get you in touch with Saotome's ASU folks in Indiana.

Also, there's an active Yoshinkan dojo in Indianapolis (Google AIki Concepts in Indianapolis). I've worked with some of their folks on occasion.

And you can always go to www.aikiweb.com and hit Dojo Search to see what's listed in your area.

Good luck!

Chuck
    Chuck Gordon
    Mugendo Budogu
    http://www.budogu.com/

kusanku Guest

Oh, hey- thanks bunch. I know both those folks, very nice people, I didn't want to bother them with only eight students, they are, Kim, and his wife, seventy five miles away, and the Shuwakan Dojo is one hunfdred twenty miles away, though we brought them down once for an impressive demo, I can still feel the Nikkyo Chris Howie Sensei put on my right wrist.:-)

I was trying to find anyone freom say, Terre Haute, Evansville or SE Illinois that could travel to Vincennes three times a week and still make a little money.

I have been at seminars with Kim, at IU, and he came to at least one of mine, on combat apps of karate kata, and personally, think he is a good guy, and would have loved also to take the Yoshinkan folks up on offer to come once a month, but the cost was prohibitive for us, we are not so rich here.

However, what we are now going to try, is to get twenty serious students, as this would make either one of these cost effective.I wanted the Yoshinkan as I am biased towards their approach somewhat, though I think Kim would be better for some of the less adventurous beginners as he teaches a college club.Th=e Yoshinkan teaching approach is to my liking being completely structured, so I can even learn it.

But Kim's is definitely less painful.
    Way it stands, we go only if we got twenty, then we contact, probably, Kim and his people.

Thank you very much for responding to the SOS, this came up suddenly I didn't know who else to ask.

Sincerely,and with appreciation,