Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sanchin and Shime

Likes (received)

Good morning!

If you look back to page of this thread, you will see me speaking of the negative commentary that I rteceived as to this very thing, from those of the Shuri leneage, when they found that I was of the Naha Te.

Bingo.

That was the phrase that they quoted, with their critique of our SanChin body.
    Steven L. Malanoski

Likes (received)

Good day,

I am Asian, started doing Sanchin almost everyday since 5 years, severe sleep apnea (OSA) patient (more than 50 stops per hour, thus AHI = 50).

I do Sanchin religiously since it helps pumping oxygen to my brain, much needed for my job as a programmer and for my body as an OSA patient.

But now I am scared to see that Sanchin plus Sleep Apnea can kill me. Anyone could shred some light here: if I use Sanchin only to quickly breath in and out, is that harmful ?

I refer to a post by another user in this thread here:

"The real problem as might relate to Sanchin can be thought of in the same way as obstructive sleep apnea. (Note: boring physiological stuff about to follow) Repeatedly forcing air against a closed glottis (Valsalva maneuver) will increase intrathoracic pressure and decrease systemic venous return to the right heart and lungs. That combined with oxygen deprivation in sleep apnea over a period of time can cause pulmonary hypertension and heart failure. I've seen a few cases of this, even in a child with sleep apnea"

Thanks

Likes (received)

It's OK. You will be fine. Remember power doesn't come from noise. Keep your airways open when breathing. There is a lot of !!!!!!!! in the West pretending to be Sanchin. Which Kan or branch of Karate do you get your Sanchin?

If you are really worried let a small little breath escape before you start a major exhale especially if you ever feel pressure in your ears.
    Ed Boyd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3