Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: aiki v1.0

Likes (received)

Default I have seen the light thanks to Henry C!

Well, after almost 30 years training in vain, I have seen the futility of my training.

Who would have thought that a post on the e-budo forum from some one who profess no knowledge of what they are critizing would have this effect on me?

Like a little cupid of wrongful budo training, Henry Cawilan appears and shoots me in heart with his barbed arrow post to awaken me to what I am missing and will never get through my training in aiki arts.

I am immediately quiting my martial arts training. I am sure that all the people who know me agree that this is for the best since I will not darken any more aiki seminars with my useless presence.

Anybody wanna buy some used budo gear?

Likes (received)

Smile My saracasm cannot approach that or my better, Mr. Yamamoto!

Right.

Anyway, does anyone wish to pick up on the original subject at hand here? Something about the differences in usage of the term aiki, and how it differs or is similar to how it curently is or may have been used in some kenjutsu styles, I think.

We can also just close this thread, since it is long and has deteriorated from it's original subject substantially.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Mr. Popie,

You've said your peace, and expressed your opinions about the Abashiri group. Fair enough.

I'm going to close this thread before it degrades further. If anyone would like to continue the discussion of aiki or the ligitimacy claims of the abashiri group, please feel free to open a new thread.

Regards,

Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3