Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foreigner crime stats cover up a real cop-out

Yokohama Imigration is hit and miss.

I filled out the required paperwork and went into apply and they saw that my wife is a federal employee.......and presto.....I was given special treatment. Took me about 6 months from filling to stamping my passport

red_fists Guest

Jeff and others.

Having dealt with Visa applications and immigration issues in a few Countries there are a few points that I learned:

1.) If you don't speak the lingo WELL take a local friend/co-worker along, in my case it was Wife.
    Leave the kids at home.

2.) Do your research into what is needed and collect it upfront. Verify 3 times that you got everything.

3.) Be polite and friendly to them. They often screen you during the application process, I was once told after handing my papers in that it was bassically
    approved

4.) Carry and store your papers in a neat folder or paper case. Don't pull them out crumbled from your jeans, etc.

5.) Dress well when going to deal with them. Smart casual is good or office clothes.

6.) NEVER argue with them or get into a shouting match.

7.) I normally have Copies of all the Documents I hand in with me as well.
    Make sure that the Official can see those, they show that you are serious about the issue.

8.) If you are unsure of a point or how to fill in a section. Leave it blank and ask when you hand it in.
    Had to do that on mine due to location of marriage.

9.) Sort your papers into a logical fashion (yours, work related, Wife, etc.)

19.) If you are told you need additional papers, make sure what exactly you need and get the name of the official for future referecne.

To be honest I have seen some people and their behaviour that would me ashamed to be from the same country as them.

Following those points have so far worked for me. Mileage will vary of course.

Seeya.

Likes (received)

As for mass immigration into this country, of all the countries on the planet, why would people with advanced degrees, engineers, and all that want to give up probably a better life in a less crowded, less expenses, less xenophobic country with better, more progressive education (I'm assuming we're talking about developed countries here) just to come to this paradise we call Japan? Is there any good reason? Oh, then they have to study a language not spoken by most of the world to interact here only to have people with shitty English approaching them or working over them all the time. Hmmm. Sounds mighty enticing to me! I know of few people who close their eyes, envision themselves living here their whole live, and smiling afterwards thinkin' about how lucky they are to be living "the good life." For most people it is something to endure until they get what they want and get the first plane out of here. Suits me just fine.
    Greg Ellis
    I like autumn best of all, because its tone is mellower, its colors are richer and it is tinged with a little sorrow. Its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor the power of summer, but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age. It knows the limitations of life and it is content.

Kimpatsu Guest

So, when are you leaving, Greg?
    (We need another excuse for a pissup!)

Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    So, when are you leaving, Greg?
    (We need another excuse for a pissup!)

Are you kidding??? Gregs a lifer......he loves this place he just goes along with the rest of us so he will fit in.

More crimes a Japanese ould never do....

Three teens from reformatory held over breakout murder

NAGOYA (Kyodo) Two 14-year-old boys and a 15-year-old boy who escaped from a reformatory in Kasugai, Aichi Prefecture, were arrested Friday on suspicion of murdering an employee at the facility during their breakout and stealing his money.
    Police said Shigemasa Morino, 34, a resident of Kasugai, was found collapsed in a lounge in the reformatory at around 12:30 a.m. Friday. He was immediately taken to a hospital but confirmed dead there.

Police said they rounded up at a nearby convenience store five youths aged 12 to 15 who had fled the reformatory.

They arrested three of them on suspicion of robbery and murder after they confessed to the killing during interrogations.

The youths reportedly told police they strangled Morino during their escape and made off with his money.

According to police, the youths faked a quarrel in the lounge and tied Morino up after he had tried to intervene, then strangled the victim to steal his keys.

The boys opened a closet using one of the keys and stole about 50,000 yen, then fled the facility by using another key to open the lock, police said.

According to the reformatory, four of the five had run away last Saturday but were brought back two days later.

The reformatory, Aichi Gakuen, is designed to help minors with records of delinquency and poor family environments return to society.

Reformatory officials said it currently accommodates 38 children, including the five boys, who were sent by child consultation centers after committing thefts, threatening people and other acts of delinquency.

Teruaki Mamiya, president of the facility, told reporters later in the day, "I underestimated the power of children when they act in a group.

"I feel so sorry for Mr. Morino and his family, as well as the parents and guardians of the children," he said.

Mamiya also said, "The boys had a strong desire to return to the outside world and felt constricted."

Life in the reformatory is strictly regulated and free time is limited to about 2 1/2 hours a day, an official said.

The victim was employed by the Aichi Prefectural Government in 1991 and had worked at a neighboring public facility for people with disabilities until last April.

Morino was a happy and gentle man, according to his fellow workers, adding that he has young children.

The Japan Times: Oct. 5, 2002
    (C) All rights reserved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2