Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Tenjin Shinyo ryu jujutsu

Likes (received)

Hello everyone,

Not sure if there is closed only to certain people or not (please let me know if it is), but I've been reading these posts, and towards the beginning, I saw that someone made mention of George Parulski, and how he claims to represent something called Okazaki-ha Shin Tenshin shin'yo ryu. Does anyone know about this, or can tell me something regarding that claim?

Thanks,

Likes (received)

PeteJMM,

Doing a search on e-budo for Palruski's name will provide you with a plethora of information on this individual.

George R. Palruski and the Seibukan

Likes (received)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or if this isn't the best place for this, but I just stumbled upon a dojo in Southern California that claims to teach Tenjin Shinyo-ryu.

http://www.jwsamuraiacademy.com/

Does anyone know these people? Are they legit? I find their webpage a little bit suspicious and would like to know if they're for real.

Thanks.
    Regards,

Jeffrey Luz-Alterman

Likes (received)

Joseph M. DeStefano II, rokudan-renshi

A martial arts historian, Mr. DeStefano holds a 6th degree Black Belt (rokudan-renshi)in Tenjin-shin'yo-ryu Jujutsu, a 4th Degree Black Belt (yodan) in Kodokan Judo, as well as a 3rd Degree Black Belt (Sandan) in Okinawan Shorin-ryu Karate, and a 1st Degree Black Belt in Seidokan Aikido. From 1988-1992 he served as the Head Coach of Loyola Marymount University Judo Club and is a life member of both the United States Judo Association, and the United States Martial Arts Association, and a USJA Certified State Rank Examiner. In addition, he is certified in the Japanese arts of shiatsu (Accupressure) and amma (massage).
    1. Never heard of him or any mention of him in Japan.
    2. There are no dan grades in Tenjin Shinyo-ryu
    3. Massive amounts of spelling errors for someone claiming to be so high up the ladder.
    4. Although Kubota Shihan in the Tenyokai has many foreign students and we all know or at least know of each other, I'm pretty sure the Shinyokai, run by Shibata s. has no foreign students in his line.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Delaney View Post
    1. Never heard of him or any mention of him in Japan.
    2. There are no dan grades in Tenjin Shinyo-ryu
    3. Massive amounts of spelling errors for someone claiming to be so high up the ladder.
    4. Although Kubota Shihan in the Tenyokai has many foreign students and we all know or at least know of each other, I'm pretty sure the Shinyokai, run by Shibata s. has no foreign students in his line.
    Thanks. That's very very helpful. I didn't think that there were Dan grades in Tenjin Shinyo-ryu and that's precisely one of the (several) things that made me suspicious.
    Regards,

Jeffrey Luz-Alterman

Likes (received)

Default the very last word on vernon bell

It has been confirmed to me by Derek Fairhurst, that he and jimmy pape along with barry williams and vernon bell, adopted the tenshin curriculam brought back from Japan by Jack Britten. The system was to include muscular, skeltel, nerve points, balance and direction etc. Derek who obtained a menkyo whilst studying for a short period with Kubota has pointed out a number of differences, the rear hip throw is learned in japan at menkyo kaidan level, whilst under the adopted syllabus is learned at 6th kyu in UK and is one of the building blocks. The system was built around, nage,kansetsu, atemi, and shime and ultimately if worthy the more special techniques. Derek describes it as a " fighting form " of tenshin, with all the techniques contained in the UK syllabus. As a technicallity he advise me that it cannot be considered a "pure" form of tenshin simply because the techniques are not practised in the same order as the curriculum in japan. In dereks opinion it is second to none, and often better than the original.
    So there you have it, you can take 7-10 years learning the bell (and others) stricktly non pure system of tenshin, brought back from japan, or go to japan and obtain a menkyo studying a few months or however long it takes from kubota or whoever else you may chose. Obviously both have their different merits, a matter of choice
    peter hogg

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11