Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fudoshin Ryu Jujutsu

Likes (received)

Default Fudoshin Ryu Jujutsu

Hello All,
    Does any one have any information on Fudoshin Ryu Jujutsu?
    I understand that there is form of Gendai Budo named Fudoshinryu Aiki Goshinjutsu, founded by Ron den Boer, Sensei, but I am wondering if there is anything older than that.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ismael Franco
    Tora Dojo Shinsei Budo
    Fairfield, NJ
    www.ToraDojo.5u.com

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by tora dojo View Post
    Hello All,
    Does any one have any information on Fudoshin Ryu Jujutsu?
    I understand that there is form of Gendai Budo named Fudoshinryu Aiki Goshinjutsu, founded by Ron den Boer, Sensei, but I am wondering if there is anything older than that.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is an extremely late reply, but I happened to stumble upon this post just now.
    I'm not a martial arts expert by any means, but about three years ago I became one of Ron's students (which means I'm still learning the most basic techniques).

Ron has practiced martial arts since he was about five years old.
    When he was still an adolescent he encountered a true traditional Japanese martial artist (Sakamoto sensei) living in his neighborhood.
    Ron was deeply impressed and requested to be his pupil.
    Eventually he ended up being his Uchi-deshi (for about 13 years) until, sadly, Sakamoto sensei passed away due to a car accident.

Ironically, Ron still keeps learning about the history of the techniques he has been spreading for a bit over ten years now.
    Especially traditional Japanese sensei's seem to be very impressed and are often able to link specific techniques to their origins (as far as anyone can tell, than is). One particular Japanese Aikido sensei (who has been living in the Netherlands for decades) told us during one of our training sessions that we would not be able to find a better sensei anywhere in the world.

After having been schooled by Ron for about three and a half years now, I'm starting to believe that the techniques we're practicing are actually a way to allow for a certain mental process to emerge, a certain set of behaviors and attitudes that need to be cultivated. One of our main goals, always, is to relax. No matter if you're attacking or being attacked, relaxation is key for us. Pressure can be a great tool, as long as it isn't confused with force.

I know that's a very brief introduction, but for more info you can check out following links :
    http://www.fudoshinryu.nl
    https://www.youtube.com/user/birdylv

Likes (received)

Robert Lawrence was the founder of the Fudoshin system (Fudoshin Ryu). After training under notable masters in the UK, Japan, Korea and Europe; he became dissatisfied with the apparent 'development' and 'modernisation' of the Martial Arts that was creeping in. In 1968, he formed the Fudoshin Ryu, teaching Judo, Jujutsu, Karate and Weaponry.