Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Takenouchi ryu jujutsu

Likes (received)

Default beer and budo

Hi Russ (mekugi), et al...

Quit calling me Mr. Muromoto. It makes me feel my age. Wayne will do fine.

And geez...I better dash off a book and video of the shugyo diet before one of you guys beat me to it. It would satisfy the weight loss, exercise and New Age religious crowd all in one fell swoop, wouldn't it?

Reminds me of the last time I visited one of my sensei in Japan. I wanted to be very nesshin and train real hard. He was so happy to see me that he grabbed a six pack of beer and, being that I was trying to be on the wagon, he ended up drinking nearly all of the beer while watching me train with his senior students, then he fell asleep on the mats when we were talking story. So much for more training.

I've since trained real hard at beeru-ryu and now can drink at least one beer (Japanese sized bottle) for social grace's sake. So maybe come May when I go vist Kyoto, we can go out and have at least one beer. Mie ken? That's close to Kyoto, ain't it? Home of the Iga ninja (chuckle). Or at least some very nice scenery. What are you up to there?

Wayne Muromoto

Likes (received)

Default Damn! You beat me to it!

Mekugi,

Off the subject, but ...

I knew it was too good an idea to hold onto. So you got some'a them thar California soke types already snookered into producing some shugyo tapes already, huh? And the beat yourself thin with a blunt object-ryu sounds like another pretty good sell to the sado masochistic crowd.

(Hey, this sounds like kendo...You one'a them guys with those big stick doohickies?)

Darn.

There goes my dreams of making lots of money like those guys on late night telemarket TV.

Ahhhh....Japan. The only places nuttier than Japan are arguably the US and Great Britain, from what I saw when I visited there, such repositories of great looniness. Enjoy those office girls while you can, my hakujin friend, just don't do anything that would have a whole Mie ken village running after you for some haji. Maybe I see you in May.

Wayne

Finny Guest

Question Takeuchi Ryu...

I had a couple of questions for Wayne regarding Takeuchi Ryu.

First, and completely off topic, the Furyu website is down? or is it just my p.o.s. comp.?

Secondly, I understand that Wayne trains in the Bitchu Den tradition, and we often hear of other westerners training in other famous Ryuha (TSKSR, YSR etc.), but I've never heard of anyone training in either of the 'main' branches of the Takeuchi Ryu. Is this because noone has, or its just kept private?

Cheers,
    Brendan

Dan Harden Guest

Other people train in it and don't talk about it. Theres a couple of Koryu in Mass. that no one knows anything about-you can't find it. and they don't care for you to find it.

cheers
    Dan

Likes (received)

Default Takeuchi ryu

I was wondering how many lines of Takeuchi ryu there are? I was also wondering if anyone from the original family line is an active shihanke?
    Erin O'Neill

Likes (received)

Default odd question

Erin,

As far as I know, there are three general lines of the Takeuchi or Takenouchi-ryu; the soke and sodenke lines are headed by branches of the Takeuchi main family. The Bitchuke or Bitchuden line branched off a while ago but now, thanks to cars and modern transportation, everyone's trying to get back together to standardize somewhat the systems...The soke and sodenke lines are in the Okayama countryside, and the Bitchuke line have their main dojo in Kurashiki, Okayama City and Kyoto. There are also two dojo in Tokyo. And that's about it.

Wayne Muromoto

Iron Clad Brute Guest

Default Takenouchi Hangan Ryu

How about this one down here in Oz? Takenouchi Hangan Ryu - listed here: http://www.geocities.com/koryu-bujutsu/dojoguide.html on Daniel Lee's page.

I seem to remember that the school was listed as Takenouchi Santo Ryu last year? Andrew Turner was doing some "stiring" here, anything come of it? Andrew, you still around after your roasting in the "is koryu jujutsu battlefield effective" thread?

Mr Lee, a job well done. How did you come by the info on your page?

Iron Clad Brute Guest

Default ???

"Stupid" question:
    Takeuchi and Takenouchi..same thing different spelling...why does (did) the spelling change?
    What was this in response to Russ?

Likes (received)

Wink Hmm...

Hi Russ,
    The English spelling may alter but the Kanji are the same in both cases...This leads me to think that it may be a 'silent' 'no' sound, like the ones found in the titles of Samurai- 'Tosa (no) Kami' say, where the Kanji only show the readings for 'To', 'Sa', and 'Kami' while missing out the 'of' ('No') part of the word...Maybe?
    Bottom line is that I don't know but this may be the answer..IMHO.
    Regards.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2