Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Massachusetts?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by stanley neptune
    Carl,

Thank you for that constructive response. I known Sensei Goldberg conducts seminars with Sensei LoPiore of Lyme Connecticut on a frequent basis. I will check out one of his seminars.

Stanley Neptune

Hello Mr. Neptune,

Actually Goldberg Sensei has been conducting classes (DR "study" groups) in several different locations throughout New England. Mr. Lopriore's dojo is but one of them. I would suggest contacting Goldberg Sensei or Manny Jimenez to get the schedule of when there may be a class in your area. Kiyama Sensei's teachings are widely recognized as first class Daito Ryu and you will have a wonderful opportunity to experience what he is passing on to his students first hand. There are now many more people involved in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu Kodokai through out the northeast corridor than ever before. It is not easy to find but I assure you it is well worth the effort it takes to track it down.

Regards,

Carl Long

Likes (received)

Thanks again Carl.

Stanley Neptune

Likes (received)

Default Clarification of previous post...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Long

Hello all,

If anyone is interested, Roy Goldberg Sensei has a very public dojo in Mamaroneck, N.Y.. Goldberg Sensei is a highly respected and accomplished Kodokai DR instructor and has been studying with Kiyama Hayawo Shihan for over 35 years. Anyone interested in training with the Kodokai branch of DR would be well advised to contact Goldberg Sensei at:

East Coast Martial Arts Dojo
    1 Depot Plaza
    Mamaroneck, N.Y.
    914-698-3908

Goldberg Sensei hosts Kiyama Shihan several times each year for seminars and training opportunities. If you are looking to learn Daito Ryu from a wonderful teacher, you would not want to miss the opportunity to study with Kiyama Sensei.

The dojo in Mamaroneck houses a very serious group of Budoka. If you truly want to learn DR with the Kodokai, then this dojo would be well worth your examination.

Best of luck,

Carl Long
    Jikishin-Kai Intl.
    I would like to make a correction to the above quoted post and offer an apology if I may. It has been brought to my attention that according to records, Mr. Goldberg has been with the Kodokai organization "...at around 20-23 years," according to an email I received from a representative of the organization. This mistake was totally my own and should not reflect poorly upon the Kodokai or Mr. Roy Goldberg. There was no intent on my or anyone elses part to be misleading regarding the facts. If there was any harm done by these facts please feel free to contact me directly so that I may better understand your concerns.

In addition to my previous public apology, I would like to privately apologize to anyone with questions regarding this issue. When it's my mistake I have the where with all to own up to it. So if you have any more questions regarding the issue please have the fortitude to contact me directly as well by either email or telephone so that I can apologize for the situation in person. Otherwise, I will assume that anyone who was offended or concerned by my unintentional mistake will remain nameless and be satisfied with the correction.

I would like to thank the individual who brought this matter to my attention and offer my assistance in any further misunderstanding regarding this event.

Sincerely,

Carl Long
    Director
    Jikishin-kai Intl

Email: clong@jikishin-kai.com
    Phone: 570-288-7865

Likes (received)

Hello All,

Looks like the last post was in 2005 Has anyone found out if there is an Aikijutsu school in Massachusetts?

If closed schools/groups are available maybe someone can PM me and I can contact them for an interview?

Thanks

N. Pavlidis

Likes (received)

Though many years after the original post, there is Aikijujutsu in Massachusetts.

Hontai Hakkei Ryu Aikijujutsu, a neo-classical, internal Japanese art, has an authorized study group in Boston, MA.
    The hombu dojo is currently in Philadelphia, PA, under the art's generational head, Salahuddin Muhammad. Inquiries about the Boston-based study group may be directed to me here, or you may contact the study group directly on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HHRofNewEngland/?ref=bookmarks

Cady Goldfield

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5