Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Bringing back the Forum? (Bujinkan)

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea, and yes

18 36.73%
  • Bad Idea, no

26 53.06%
  • I have no Clue!

5 10.20%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would brining back the Bujinkan Budô Taijutsu Forum be good, bad, or are you unsure?

Likes (received)

Default Would brining back the Bujinkan Budô Taijutsu Forum be good, bad, or are you unsure?

vote for good or bad, or unsure and reasoning please.
    Joshua Goldschmidt
    Bujinkan Shingitai-Ichi Dojo

Likes (received)

Talking Reply!

Post a Reply With your reasoning please after you have voted!
    Joshua Goldschmidt

Likes (received)

Joshua

Sorry about that.

Yes I believe it is a good idea, anything that gets people discussing what we do is of benefit. As with anything in our system you should question what you are told, go introspective in your training and that includes what read and discuss.

Boy is this gonna ruffle a few feathers.
    Dave Pawson
    Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Kokoro Dojo

chikara Guest

Thumbs up buj forum

With all due respect, I don't know the history on this apparently contenious issue (will search archives right away).

Let me qualify my vote FOR having a BBT forum by saying that if posters behave respectfully to each other (as they should anyway), then it would be kewl to have it, seeing as how that's the art I'm in.

Play nice!

chikara

Likes (received)

though i am in the genbukan i also think it is fair that there be a bujinkan forum as there isone for us however the ninpo ninjutsu forum brings everyone together from all the diffrent kans which gives diffrent perspectives and new insight into this art

-chi jonesone

Likes (received)

I pretty much agree with Rick. This poll (and discussion) has actually occured before and the concensus by the moderators and administration of E-Budo was pretty much the same.

These forums were removed for various reasons and this particular forum is open to whatever kan (or even some affiliates) you may wish to ask questions about.

I actually kind of like Ricks idea...to broaden the scope of this forum to just include the kans. I also agree with someone elses post recently about the 'subject' of this forum. In my mind the various kans ARE both modern AND traditional so the term 'traditional' is kind of limiting and technically rules out a lot of conversation (that I allow anyway ).
    Michael Stinson

Phoenix Quest Center
    www.phoenixquestcenter.com

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Shojin
    Also no Genbukan Forum. Why do we need sub-forums? If they were "private" forums, then ok, I can understand that I guess. But open forums, why?
    Don't you know? The only reason there is a Genbukan forum is to keep me on as a moderator. Just kidding!!
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Gee I even remember a "neo" Ninja forum
    for the record I agree with Rick, If you want to discuss Ninpo you should have one place for it. He is also right that there are already so many private boards for those who wish to be specific. Even for the "neos"
    Dave Gibb
    Bujingodai Dojo
    "it's not the move, it's the movement."

Tamdhu Guest

Currently the Genbukan forum seems to largely contain information very specific to their organization. I think they should maintain that focus for the benefit of their members and interested onlookers, and keep this forum as it is for the open discussions it is currently used for.

It's working fine as it is. Attempts to improve will just create new and unforseen problems. There is no perfect solution.

Likes (received)

One other issue with bringing in ANY new forums is that of moderation. I certainly don't want to moderate more than one forum and finding moderators is not always the easiest of tasks.
    Michael Stinson

Phoenix Quest Center
    www.phoenixquestcenter.com

Likes (received)

Unhappy exactly why i think...

Currently the Genbukan forum seems to largely contain information very specific to their organization. I think they should maintain that focus for the benefit of their members and interested onlookers, and keep this forum as it is for the open discussions it is currently used for.
    This is exactly why i think we need a Bujinkan Forum
    so we can do the same...

Bujinkan Ninjitsu and Genbukan are Similar but not the same, both should be respected equally... both should have forums where each can congrigate
    Joshua Goldschmidt

Tamdhu Guest

Kutaki.org will fill this need as soon as it is back up and running.

Likes (received)

Unfortunately, that decision isn't necessarily up to the moderators and owners of this particular forum.

Just as John Lindsey respected the wishes of Fumio Manaka-sensei's to have the Jinenkan forum removed from E-budo, he respected the wishes of the Shidoshi-kai to remove the Bujinkan forum as well.

This is an issue that needs to be taken up with the Shidoshi-kai of the Bujinkan, I think, as they are the ones who requested the Bujinkan forum removed.

To reinstate the forum would be disrespectful to the Shidoshi-kai, just as a reinstatement of the Jinkenkan forum would be disrespectful of Manaka-sensei.

Besides, in theory, Kutaki is/was supposed to be the Bujinkan-specific forum to replace E-budo's.
    William Tai

Peter Holden Guest

Likes (received)

Question

Peter?
    Joshua Goldschmidt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast