Quote Originally Posted by jonesin
Mr. Robison, please elaborate where you feel I may be assuming something. Because I tend to try not to make an a_s out of myself (doesn't always work though). Please, enlighten me.
Chris hit the nail on the head, basically. That is all, nothing more. I was a friendly word of caution.

Per my understanding, what Chris said about Conti is correct that Conti had trained under K. Yonezawa and T. Shimpo when they visited N.J. Back in the mid 70's I think. A person you might also contact is Tim Tung who is with Daito-Ryu Aikijujutsu Bokuyokan. I was told by a sourse he also learned from T. Shimpo in the 70's. Tim Tung may have trained with T. Shimpo in Japan as well, and T. Tung may have more accurate information of T. Shimpo. I can't verify that as fact, but I think it is a good bet. Also Roy Goldberg ( Kodo kai ), and Migel Ibarra (Aikijujutsu & Yamabushi ) are similar sources as they know Conti and all where training Daito ryu at the same time. All three men received instruction from T. Shimpo back in the 70's. I found this out with a little Web Surfing, and poking around via the net.

Good luck