Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Washington (State)?

Likes (received)

Oops, just spotted a mistake Fujiko Gardner's email is out of date on here, it's: wafgardner@msn.com - the phone # is correct.

Chris,
    Jeremy had good things to say? Must have been the beers and the love and harmony from all the aiki warping his fragile little mind.

Patric,
    It's actually stinky "thumb" and you must have made a good impression on Aaron to learn of that advanced level technique already. I take it my jokes about Yabe ryu were discussed from your comments on peasants. Good place to train even if I do crack jokes about them.

pm or email me if you guys have any questions on Bernie's seminar and upcoming seminars, like Toby Threadgill's.

Likes (received)

Neil,
    Chris,
    Jeremy had good things to say? Must have been the beers and the love and harmony from all the aiki warping his fragile little mind.

Fragile little mind long warped
    Jeremy
    Jeremy Hulley
    Shinto Ryu Iai Batto Jutsu
    TNBBC

Likes (received)

Hello,

I am looking for a Daito Ryu Jujitsu school in the Tacoma area. Someone mentioned Bernie Lau in a previous post. I knew him when I was a kid. Does he teach Diato Ryu Jujitsu or a more combative style of Aikido?

I appreciate your help.

Nathaniel Gullion

Likes (received)

Bernie teaches his own thing which is, as far as I can make out when he says it, “Aiki au juice”.

Neil, are you sure there is a Threadgill seminar “upcoming?”
    Doug Walker
    Completely cut off both heads,
    Let a single sword stand against the cold sky!

Likes (received)

Bernie Lau no longer teaches publicly, only to a handful of students and at seminars. If you want to contact him, PM me.

There is no DRAJJ actively up here in the Pac NW, There was a Takumakai DRAJJ class for kids taught by Tom Hargrave but I'm not sure if he is still teaching.

Louis Butto Guest

Default Interested in Daito Ryu in Seattle

I'm a 2nd dan, and have been practicing Daito Ryu near Osaka, Japan under Kenkichi Ohgami, (8th dan from Takuma Hisa) for the last five years. I'm planning to come home and visit relatives and friends in Seattle for the month of March (2004). If anyone in the Seattle area is interested in training together with me, please let me know. If there are enough people, we can start a study group. Then Ohgami sensei, who is planning to visit the USA later in the year, could stop off in Seattle. Looking forward to hearing from any people who are sincerely interested.

Best Regards,

tenchinbudokai Guest

Default Aikijujutsu In Washington

Does anyone here know of any Aikijujutsu Schools that are located in the state of Washington. I live in the Puget Sound region, Near Tacoma, and cannot find an Aikijujutsu school.

I study Aikido and have for several years, and would even be willing to start a "Study Group" but I want to learn and or be affiliated with an Aikijujutsu system, I think that the style is more what I am looking for.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

Likes (received)

tenchinbudokai Guest

Default Thank you....

Thank you for the reply, however I did check them out a while ago and it seems that they are going towards Aikikai more so that the Icho Ryu Aikijutsu that they also associate with. I was hoping to find something but have come up empty so far. I am willing to travel, but, I am thinking I am going to come up empty!!!!

Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate it.

Likes (received)

Default Mercer Island

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wileyccc/aikido.html

I know this is a link for the aikido club but Bernie Lau has studied Daito Ryu and I believe Neil Yamamoto has as well. My Tang Soo Do instructor, Eric Madis knows Neil Yamamoto and suggested to me that he would be a good person to talk to about aikido and aikijujutsu even if you are not going to train on Mercer Island.

Please let us know how it goes.

Good luck,

Papken O'Farrell
    P. O'Farrell

tenchinbudokai Guest

Default Thank You...

Thank you for the replies! One of my instructors (who holds Dan rank in Aikijujutsu) stated he would begin teaching me privately, the Aikijujutsu. I didn't think he was going to due to his interest in Aikikai, however he saw my interest In the "jutsu" and stated I would be accepted to learn. Anyway, I will see what happens!!

Again thank you!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2