Likes Likes:  0

Thread: invisable assassins

stormshadow Guest

Default invisable assassins

In the book "Invisable Assassins" by Andrew Adams there are I beleive 3 people who are mentioned as ninja authorities: Hatsumi Sensei, Yumio Nawa,(?) and another Man who's name I can't seem to recall. does anyone have this book and know who this 3rd man is?

Likes (received)

Hi

the other person is Okuse Heishichiro.

he wa sonce the mayor of Iga Uneo city. He was also the author of several books on ninjutsu and ninjustu history.

He never laid claim to being a ninja and neither did he claim to be a soke. A friend of mine has written to his daughter some time int he past few years. In her returned letter she clearly stated her ftaher was a hisotrian and nothing more. He was not a soke and not a ninja

I love this book. it was responsible for getting a lot of people in the early years of the Bujinkan involved.
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Norihiro Iga-Hakuyusai is the Other ninja practitioner he interviewed.

Mark Harper
    Bujinkan Houston Dojo

stormshadow Guest

Ok, I see there are acually 4 people featured in the Invisable Assassins book as being experts on Ninjutsu: Hatsumi Sensei, Yumio Nawa, Heishichiro Okuse (the scholar and historian), and Norihiro Iga-Hakuyusai. In the book Norihiro Iga-Hakuyusai is described as a "modern day ninja practicioner". Who is he? Is he involved with one of the Kan's? Is he still around? Does anyone know anything about him?

Likes (received)

In this book, there sure are a lot of Ninja masks and stealthy type stuff considering how "unimportant" this is.
    ----------------
    Braden Nicols

Likes (received)

Default Okuse Heishichiro......

hi
    Okuse Heishichiro.....
    Is this the guy who also trained under Takamatsu with Hatsumi, known to some as the 'rice man.' It is said the 'rice man' was hatsumi's training partner under Takamatsu, who at the time was higher ranked in the 9 schools than HATSUMI sensei. But when Takamatsu passed, the riceman stopped training in respect to the new soke HATSUMI SENSEI.
    Can anyone verify the real name of the 'RICE MAN'?

matthew morgan
    Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu
    "Power is the result of mere body movement, strength is not nessesary."
    - Hatsumi Sencei

Likes (received)

Default Re: Okuse Heishichiro......

Originally posted by matthew18
    Can anyone verify the real name of the 'RICE MAN'?
    Read this thread http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...light=rice+man
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Janin Guest

who is Yumio Nawa and how is he an authority on Ninjutsu

Don Roley Guest

Originally posted by stormshadow
    In the book Norihiro Iga-Hakuyusai is described as a "modern day ninja practicioner". Who is he? Is he involved with one of the Kan's? Is he still around? Does anyone know anything about him?
    He is a performer that uses the ninja as the theme for his shows. Nowdays he looks more like one of thoe mysterious old men you see in kung fu movies. His shows have a lot of tricks, magic and special effects. It is a bit much to say he demonstrates ninpo, but his shows are a lot of fun for the kids. He says that he is a ninja practicioner as part of his intro, but he does not go into detail and instead goes straight into the fun. As such, it is kind of hard to judge his claims. IMO, he is just an entertainer but I kind of hope that he has some students somewhere learning the real deal.

who is Yumio Nawa and how is he an authority on Ninjutsu
    Nawa is a historian on the ninja, as well as being the head of a martial art. He has never claimed to be a ninja practicioner in any of the books I have in my possesion. But he is one of th ebest sources for history and tools. He is a skilled martial artist and used to serve as the technical advisor to many historical dramas.