Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Wisconsin?

Likes (received)

Default Aikijujutsu in Wisconsin?

Hello All,

Life issues have moved me away from my Sensei in Chicago to Edgerton, Wisconsin. Henceforth, I've started a Yamate-tyu Aikijutsu and Tenshin-ryu Kenjutsu study group.

The dojo is up and running and I'll have classes every monday from 7-10pm.

Anyone interested in joining us, please touch base via e-mail.

Thank you.

Amos Smith
    gorinnobudo@earthlink.net

Likes (received)

Mr. Smith,

If you don't mind, I'd like to rename this thread "AJJ in Wisconsin" and move it to our dojo finder archive. If you do mind, I guess I'll merge it with the Yamate ryu thread.

Write back to this thread if you would rather I do not rename the thread and put it in our archive.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Hello Mr. Scott,

Whatever you think is best. I would prefer not to be merged with existing threads. Also, calling us AJJ would not be entirely correct.

Thank you,

Amos Smith

Likes (received)

I've moved and renamed it.

This area is used for those looking for training, and since there may be more than one dojo in Wisconsin in the future, I would prefer not to overly customize the name of this thread. If "Aikijujutsu" is not the most accurate description of what your art is, then it might be best not to submit it here.

However, in the introduction I posted in the main forum, I do state that if we were to limit postings and discussions here to only those AJJ groups that we all agree are legit and define stictly as koryu AJJ, it would be a lot quiter around here.

If you'd like to change your mind, you can delete your first post, which will delete the whole thread (or I can do it for you). Otherwise, you can simply explain the differences to prospective students who contact you.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Default Aikijutsu in Wisconsin

We're about to enter our third year of existence, here in Wisconsin. Aikijutsu classes are currently held on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 9-10. We have open mat on Sundays from 12-3, with shodo class typically held from 2-3. Interviews are held on Thursday nights after viewing class.

For more information, visit www.chicagobudokai.com

Thank you,

Amos Smith
    Amos Smith
    Kodama Dōjō
    608-345-8807
    www.chicagobudokai.com

Likes (received)

Default AJJ in Stoughton, Wisconsin

Our first class was held on 3/3/3 in Edgerton, WI. The foundation for our new, purpose built, facility was poured on 5/5/5. We are now up and running at full steam in Stoughton, Wisconsin which is about 20 minutes south of Madison.

We have two study groups focusing on the Aikijutsu of the Yamate-ryu and the Kenjutsu of the Tenshin-ryu.

For more information, call: 608-345-8807

Best Regards,

Amos
    Amos Smith
    Kodama Dōjō
    608-345-8807
    www.chicagobudokai.com