Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: mirror,sword, jewel.- shitoism

rrbraxton Guest

Question mirror,sword, jewel.- shitoism

Does the relious shitoism or mythology indicate
    any physical evidence of the jewel, sword, mirror theory exist.
    Was the sun godess :amertesa in relation.
    IF so are they visible in some temple to the public.
    Can we view them?
    Is there invovlemnt of Martial Art ryuha that support such
    doctrine?
    dunno...just wondering Thank you

rrbraxton

Likes (received)

Lightbulb change of forum?

why not post this in the Shinto Forum (hey, Moderator?)? the people who stand to answer your question most clearly are sooner there than here, and your post'll get buried in no time in the Member's Lounge. a Google search might also turn up the basic reading you want to do before you begin asking questions. in spite of the fact that i live here i really don't know much about the accepted version of Japan's creation myth, but Google is where i'd start. matter of fact, check this link to get started.
    Jeff Hamacher
    Those who speak do not know,
    Those who know will not speak ...
    So I guess that means I don't know a thing!

Likes (received)

They physically exist.

The sword is in atsuta jingu in Nagoya.
    One of the other two is at Ise shrine.

They are not to be seen by the public for fear they turn out to be Korean in origin, upon further scrutiny.
    Daniel Madar

Meik Skoss Guest

They exist, at least according to the Imperial Household Agency. As D. Madar said, the sword is *supposed* to be at Atsuta Jingu in Nagoya (but, then, did somebody recover the sword that went down with Antoku Tenno at Shimonoseki?). The mirror is located at Ise Jingu (supposedly), and the magatama are, if I remember it right, at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

Nobody gets to see them, except possibly the Emperor, acting in his capacity as Chief Priest of Japan, and then probably only on a number of special occasions, for specific ceremonies.

Dunno what RBraxton means by ryu that "support such doctrine," but this is the accepted status of the Three Sacred Treasures. It's not as though Japanese people spend a whole lot of time dealing with "questions of faith," y'know... they're pretty pragmatic folks, as a rule, observe rituals/"do the right thing" and don't sweat the small stuff.

Hope this helps.

Likes (received)

Moving this thread to the Shinto forum.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Yobina. Come to japan, show those pictures to someone on the street and tell them that the Three Treasures are Korean.

Daniel Madar

Likes (received)

Hi

Does anyone here also know about the possiblity of the mirror also having hebrew written on it.

There is a theory that one of the Jewish tribes some how found its way to Japan. Even today there is a small Jewish communuty in japan that i believe claim to ahve been there centuries.
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Likes (received)

To add to Joe Svinth's on-line references, there is a book on this general subject: "Jews in the Japanese Mind: The History and Uses of a Cultural Stereotype", by David G. Goodman and Masanori Miyazawa, published in 1995 by The Free Press. ISBN: 0-02-912482-4.
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Yobina

I agree how stupid.

about as stupid as the japanese village that claims Christ lived there. Now that is stupid
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Yobina

How stupid!

Mmmmm... Maybe not so stupid, Some interesting stuff here
    http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~magi9/isracame.htm

yours
    Brian Carpenter
    GWNBF/KJJR UK KOMORI DOJO
    WORLD MATE SHINTO MEMBER

Likes (received)

Hi Brian

trust you to steal the limelight. I was saving this link for a response that it was still stupid.

Maybe christ was one of these lost jews

Saw an old mate of yours on sunday
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

hahahahahaha!

Again, how stupid!

Ancient history and religion is very hard to research. I think all the points raised so far are definately food for thought. Obviously, Yobina you have your point of view but that does not mean everyone in the world has to agree with it. As for books, don`t take them for gospel. Just because a person writes a book, it does not mean that the contents are the ultimate truth. We should study all the facts and research with an open mind.

yours
    Brian Carpenter
    DOJO CHO
    GWNBF/KJJR UK KOMORI DOJO
    WORLD MATE SHINTO MEMBER

Plattman Guest

Yobina,

I think the main thing to realize, that although history and religion are hard to research, that the fundamental reason for ANY religion is to benefit humanity. Correct history is not necessarily as important as correct application of religion. To mockingly dismiss someone elses points of view due to what you assume to be correct in a book shows a distinct lack of understanding of the human and martial spirit, pardon me for preaching.

R Weber

Plattman Guest

Next people will say that Jesus went to India to learn the teachings of the Buddha!

Seeing as the Buddha was born about 500 years previous to the Christ, it's not impossible that the teachings did not reach the middle east in some shape or form by the time of the birth of the Christ. Why? How did people in Europe know about the teachings of Christ? However, seeing as Buddhism and Christianity differ on the point of worship of (a) God, perhaps not. To reiterate my previous point though, it doesn't matter which faith you follow, as long as the object of it is to benefit humanity.

Weber

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast