Likes Likes:  2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: always training for uncertain times in USA

Likes (received)

Default always

Is Ralph a pro in all the things he claims to know and teach? Of course not!

kamiyama, AS for fact I'm very skilled at what I teach. Your statement here about my experience is BS. You have no idea..

Does he have Instructor ratings in all these topics? NO!

kamiyama,And please state the meaning of instructor ratings.

Is this Honest? I doubt it.

kamiyama, try me.

Do his students care?

kamiyama, I believe they can speak for themselves.

Is Survivalism a part of Ninjutsu? I'm not sure.

kamiyama, your lack of experience and knowledge on this subject must be very poor and immature.

Part of Ninpo? possibily.

kamiyama,your lack of experience and knowledge on this subject must be very poor and immature.

Can Ralph do as he pleases? Yeah. Common sense won't stop him from teaching MMA and calling it Budo.

kamiyama, budo is art from bujutsu which is MMA. HELLO !!!

kamiyama, ralph severe
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com
    The best Japanese and Mexican Bugei in Dallas !

shikoyama Guest

Well,

Having KNOWN Kamiyama for many, many years, what I will say can be taken with credibility.

No, he is not an expert at EVERYTHING. But, among the students within the dojo, the voids seem to be filled. In my experience with him he has called on me at least as much as I on him for help with this or that. He also relies on other's the same way. He has no difficulty admitting that he "don't know". The fact is, when he says he knows, HE DOES! I have never known him to claim to know something that he dosen't. I am frequently astonished at how much he does know about what he is teaching, or talking about, or doing, or whatever. And, when it comes to ninjutsu, and a myriad of other martial arts styles, I can't say I have ever known of anybody that knows as much . . . honestly. For me and many other . . . HE's THE MAN. The only way you can verify this for yourself is to get a lot of experience with kamiyama himself. (he is kind of an . . . elusive inividual, he does not really show you his REAL self willy-nilly) I find these forums sort of amusing when I read about various criticisims . . . from people who don't really have knowledge about Kamiyama first hand. He's a shihan . . . he delights in playing with other's minds in order to teach, them and anyone else watching . . . the really hard lessons in life you have to struggle to see, work to fish out of the haze . . . kamiyama does not give a ¤¤¤¤ whether any particular individual gets him, believes him, cares about him, likes him, or whatever . . . he really only is interested in the few that can pick out the meaningful stuff and run with it . . . THEY are the ones that will go far . . . MOST will think he is just rubbing it in their face, but they usually do not realize that it is their own crap he is rubbing in thier face. Too bad. It would be the best thing they could own up to.

Well, enough rambling . . . You all know by now I am a member of the church

ps - anyone that cannot afford the Buyu Camp in Later June . . . Kamiyama is comming to Utah for a seminar . . . Low Cost! We can help with lodging . . . If you are interested, please contact me . . .

Jim_Jude Guest

Default survival & Ninjutsu...

of course, survival is very much a part of self-defense, whether it's done with a combat folder, or an MRE. If someone attacks you thru your food supply, having a B.O.B. packed to the brim with dehydrated goodies & a good water filter will save your life as you're humpin' it thru the hills. Read some more Sun Tzu if you want to argue with me. He might enlighten you where I can't, since I'm not "licensed & qualified".

I've had a bug-out pack since I went to survival school in the Navy, & always keep a Tupperware full of little bits of gear in my everyday backpack.

Personally, I think that more sensei should work survival classes into their dojo schedules, on Saturdays or something, & they don't have the abilities themselves, hire professionals to come in if the demand from the students is there. Have Taijutsu AND survival classes, or firearms classes. Make it all available, but don't force it on people. That never works, as we all well know...

Likes (received)

Possible Spammer. Reported.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

5. Likes Andrew S liked this post
    Likes (received)

Drive-by spammers... where have all the trolls gone (sigh)
    Andrew Smallacombe

Aikido Kenshinkai

JKA Tokorozawa

Now trotting over a bridge near you!

Likes (received)

..and this thread would have been so perfect for a true old-school troll.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Just for your info I have deleted the posts made by the spammer.
    Anders Pettersson
    www.shorinjikempo.net - www.shorinjikempo.se
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを - 宗 道臣
    "Nakaba wa jiko no shiawase wo, nakaba wa hito no shiawase wo" - So Doshin

9. Likes Tripitaka of AA liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5