Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coach Scott Sonnon's videos

Likes (received)

Default Coach Scott Sonnon's videos

I have read the information from on Mr. Sonnon's website www.Amerross.com. His website looks like an advertisement in a magazine. Some of teachings appear to mirror Ninpo philosopy. He seems to be a good motivational speaker but is his skill equally as good? Does anyone have any experience with his training or products he offer.
    Jimmy Williams

Likes (received)

Default always

Mr Scott's program is wonderful.
    The R.O.S.S systema should be researched.

My research began in R.O.S.S. in 2000. Very complete at first and takes a lot of time to find out what he is saying. But in the end it's simple.
    The health system of zdorovye is completely the best I've ever seen in my training in ANY martial arts system.
    R.O.S.S. has changed my out look of fitness and health.

Also you have the SYSTEMA, I started research into Systema in 1996. Very simple to do and apply.

So I like them both..

kamiyama, ralph severe
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com
    The best Japanese and Mexican Bugei in Dallas !

Likes (received)

Coach Sonnon has some great insights and angles of approaching things. IMO, it's definately something to check out.

RMA has some very close approaches with Ninpo.

Good luck to you,

Jay
    Systema

I highly recommend Coach Sonnon's products as well. I own several titles and have been using them consitently in my personal practice for the last six months.

All of the tapes I've seen cover biomechanical exercises, which will help you grow in any endeavor and the principles set forth carry right over into his martial art specific tapes. His material is non-style oriented and has the development of YOUR style as it's ultimate goal. It is not a 'technique' oriented, rather principle oriented so it requires a lot of experimentation and practice to understand. You will see improvements in your performance of your current system in a fairly short period of time.

I am not a member of ROSS but feel it has been a great tool for enhancement of my personal practice.

Likes (received)

Default always

Steven, I had a student of Systema come into the Academy Thursday night and have a chat with the students here.
    It was great.

Even if Scott's tapes are good there are others out there with good tapes too.

kyomon..

kamiyama, ralph severe
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com

Hi Ralph,

I bet! I happen to study Systema as well (under a certified instructor) and have been enjoying the work. Although a relative 'newbie' to Systema (prior to working with an instructor I used the exercises from Vladimir's tapes as guidelines), the material from ROSS have helped immeasurably. It carries over very well.

/S

Likes (received)

Default flabbergast

Yes, the Systema and R.O.S.S. is wonder and very lose.. very.. close to what I would say Hatsumi sensei is doing..It is almost like the same thing but the Systema-R.O.S.S. has no dogma...no postures.. no hang ups.. no masters.. no ranking... no who's the boss.. just peaceful training from what I have seen..

The first time I saw Systema in 1996 I was very happy with my actions in getting the knife tape.. and it has been love ever sense.. LOL..

The major love I have for it is the military fashion of self-preservation.... no games.. no sports.. no second place.. it's put up or shut up..

ok
    good luck,

kamiyama, ralph severe
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com