Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John Bluming

Guts Guest

Default John Bluming

I was wondering if Master Bluming still teaches? If so, where? Does he still give seminars? Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Likes (received)

You can try the Judo forum if nobody responds here. There are people that hang out on that board that actually know the man and have a student teacher relationship with him. They may be of help to you. Then again one of them may read this forum and just not post here. Good luck.
    Ed Boyd

Likes (received)

Thumbs up Search!

He's active, has an organization, and accepts students / members.

Do a search on this site with his name, and prepare to read for eons...........
    Steven L. Malanoski

Likes (received)

Default Still going strong

Yes, he's still going strong. He still does seminars. There was a seminar tape I saw not too long ago. Hope I'm going that strong at his age.
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Guts Guest

Thanks very much, fellahs. I have searched here, mostly I have just found comments about previous seminars that sound exceptional. Sensei Bluming sounds tough as nails to say the least, real old guard. Hopefully one day I can go to one of those seminars. I looked for his old website on the net, but it seems to have been taken down. It looks like he still teaches in America, so that's a good sign.

Likes (received)

Default Jon Blumming

Originally posted by Guts
    Sensei Bluming sounds tough as nails to say the least, real old guard.
    I saw a documentary about the Martial Arts on the Learning Channel ( I think it was). He was one of the Martial Artist who was on the spotlight. I think they called him "the beast from Amsterdam" or Sweden or some city in Europe.

In the documentary, he supplements his income by patrolling the Red Light District (again, I can't remember which city in Europe this was). He had a cool accent. Yup, he is tougher than a nail, I would not be surprise if he enters the UFC and wins.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Default In both cases...

It's Amsterdam.

cheers,

Mike

Bustillo, A. Guest

Default Re: Jon Blumming

Originally posted by Prince Loeffler

He had a cool accent. Yup, he is tougher than a nail, I would not be surprise if he enters the UFC and wins.
    Prince,

Not happening. Just so you know the guy is 70 Not happening something years old.

Likes (received)

Default Leaving

Antonio, I heard rumblings that some of his guys are leaving the organization. Any info.?
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Bustillo, A. Guest

Default Re: Leaving

Originally posted by Goju Man
    Antonio, I heard rumblings that some of his guys are leaving the organization. Any info.?

Several instructors left Bluming's organization within the last few months; in Europe, among others, Sjaak, Gordieu brothers.
    In the U.S. I beleive one instructor left the organization too.

Likes (received)

Default Re: Re: Jon Blumming

Originally posted by Bustillo, A.
    Prince,

Not happening. Just so you know the guy is 70 Not happening something years old.
    Hi Antonio,

I know he's old. Its just that his charisma and passion for the art is just amazing. Watching old films about him during his younger years is worth taking notes.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Re: Jon Blumming

I saw a documentary about the Martial Arts on the Learning Channel ( I think it was). He was one of the Martial Artist who was on the spotlight. I think they called him "the beast from Amsterdam" or Sweden or some city in Europe.

In the documentary, he supplements his income by patrolling the Red Light District (again, I can't remember which city in Europe this was). He had a cool accent. Yup, he is tougher than a nail, I would not be surprise if he enters the UFC and wins.

Saw the same Doc. Really good and enlightining.!
    Mark Posselius

Yep, and the practice goes on!!!

Bustillo, A. Guest

Default Re: Re: Re: Jon Blumming

I know he's old. Its just that his charisma and passion for the art is just amazing. ..

Then you'll just 'love' last years seminar video tape of him teaching in Seattle.

Likes (received)

Default Seattle

Then you'll just 'love' last years seminar video tape of him teaching in Seattle.
    Who had that video last?
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Likes (received)

I have copies. I like the day 2 video. I thought it looked like he very good job teaching newaza concepts to the group of people he had to work with. It didn't look like there was a lot of Judo-ka in attendence. They looked mostly like a bunch of karate guys too me. Aaron looked good.
    Ed Boyd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast