Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Requested introduction thread.

A. M. Jauregui Guest

Default Requested introduction thread.

Brently Keen thought that it would be nice for me to introduce myself.

Lets see I am:
    • * 27 years old *yikes* I have been told that I look about 20 .
      * 5’10”
      * California born and raised.
      * I have a BA in History and am working on a Ph.D. (Technically I currently have a MA)
      * Please call me Ana and not Ana Maria!
      * I have disabled PM and email for I did notice that the vast majority of posters are male - I am not looking . Oh and I do not have a web site, cam, or anything in that vein.
      * First generation American. Parents from Spain.
      * Found this site through my cousin.
      * I am not a post whore it is just that I have been waiting *forever* about a week to get access to post...

See other information gathering threads (music, car, politics, etcetera) for other information.

Main martial arts
    Kenjutsu and Aikijujutsu (For those in the Aikijujutsu Forum that are nosey but yet tight lipped )
    Sokaku -> Takuma & Nishiyama (Ono-ha) [same time] -> Saiso (dad) -> Saiso (son) -> me!
    I have been horrible at it since 1996.

Other martial arts
    • * I have gone to seminars and a few classes (yoga and ASU aikido) at the Musubi dojo.
      * When I was a kid I trained summers in kendo at the Pasadena Japanese Cultural Institute.
      * Did judo at LACC in my later youth summers.
      * Open mat stuff now and then. *hehe*

If I left anything out just ask way (I might answer).
    Last edited by A. M. Jauregui; 12th June 2003 at 02:27.

A. M. Jauregui Guest

Takeda and Hisa is who I mean sorry for the typo. *darn, darn, darn*

Likes (received)

Default Re: Requested introduction thread.

Sokaku -> Takuma & Nishiyama (Ono-ha) [same time] -> Saiso (dad) -> Saiso (son) -> me!
    Thanks for the info. Can somebody fill me in about who "Saiso" is?

Cheers,

CK

A. M. Jauregui Guest

I only meet my sensei’s father a few times before his passing in what I believe was 2001. Darn old man messed with me like mad. Seeing that I was new to the dojo he pretended to not know a thing. *Sigh* I felt like an idiot telling him that his technique needed work. For about a month of now and then visits he pretended to not understand and speak English *grr*. The last thing that he did was tickle me when preforming pins during kata . I believe that his first name is Shinji but am far from sure.

As for the first name of my sensei I literally do not have a clue. I do not really socialize with him or the other guys at the dojo (I think that this is because of separate changing rooms).

I will be sure to find out this coming Monday.

Likes (received)

Welcome, Ana. And your avatar is the comic character Shi. How come? I never read the comics, although the art looks sweet. What are they about? (And, by the way, how does one fight in that outfit?)
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

Likes (received)

Default This looks much more reasonable.

For combat, anyway.
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

A. M. Jauregui Guest

Well Shi’s real name is Ana *hehe* and she is learning an ancient Japanese system of combat with deep religious undertones *sound familiar*. [Edit: She has a somewhat Catholic background, is female, and is nearly as cute as I am] That is were the similarities end. Her parents were killed, she goes to train with her Japanese grandfather for about a decade, and sets up a vendetta against those that killed her parents *standard comic book plot set up*. The interesting part of this series *like most other good comics* is the internal conflict that Shi has to deal with - dual personalities, morality of killing, and other like problems. And to spice things up a bit more her friends are not who they say they are and romantic interludes.

Likes (received)

Smile

Welcome to the forum Ana.
    Sincerely,

Eric Joyce
    Otake Han Doshin Ryu Jujutsu

Likes (received)

Default It's all a guy thingy!

<cracking open a bottle of beer>

So what's your number? Here's mine.

Sorry! Only kidding!

Have fun with the occasional heated flame threads here.

Stan

Dojo Chief Crash Test Dummy

Likes (received)

*cough*
    Unlike Ana I do have a web cam and my email and PM are always waiting...

So come on guys

Welcome to the board Ana! Have fun talking about MA!

Cheers
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

MarkF Guest

Hi, Ana,
    (I already welcomed you in the Judo forum). You may want to make it possible to receive PMs, if you don't have a web-based email you want to use instead of your usual. You can used yahoo, hotmail, and a host of others so no one gets to you.

As for PMs, if you don't want to read it, or you don't want anyone to know you've read it, you can click on [deny receipt] so no one will know, or you can simply delete it if you really don't want to read it. PM system doesn't give out your email address. Anyway, it's up to you so welcome, anyway.

Mark

Likes (received)

Greetings

One of these days I will work out a nice Avatar. In the mantime, I think yours is very cool indeed.

You'll find that there are some very intelligent, highly experienced Martial Artists on these forums. Fortunately, they also know how to talk nonsense, share a laugh and get silly. A nice place to chew the fat, natter and gossip. Occasionally there are some fascinating discussions.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

* I have disabled PM and email for I did notice that the vast majority of posters are male - I am not looking . Oh and I do not have a web site, cam, or anything in that vein.

Hi Ana, welcome aboard, why did you disable PM and e-mail? Is it because you got hit on as soon as you joined? If so how about letting us in on who contacted you so we could have a good laugh at them?

She has a somewhat Catholic background, is female, and is nearly as cute as I am

If this is the case why not post a pic on Rogues Gallery and let us be the judges?

Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
    *cough*
    Unlike Ana I do have a web cam and my email and PM are always waiting...

So come on guys
    Matt, I think you might want to reconsider what you meant in that post

Anyway there's a pic of Ana's forehead, complete with cute kitty-ears around here somewhere. That should be enough for any man.

Cheers,

Mike

Likes (received)

Maaaaybe i should...............

Kitty ears! Kawaii!

i've got a picture of me in an elvis suite in the rogues gallery...i will see if i can find it. That will make me number one once again.

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...&pagenumber=15

Ta!
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast