Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Real reason name changed to budo taijutsu

Likes (received)

Default Real reason name changed to budo taijutsu

I just finished browsing through the new issue of Budo International, and in an article about the resurgence of Koga ryu, the absolutely true reason Hatsumi sensei changed the name to budo taijutsu was revealed. Apparently disillusioned with the way ninjutsu was being presented in the West, and appalled at the high rank given to Western practitioners the Iga and Koga families got together and put forth four rules that must be followed to use the term ninjutsu. Hatsumi sensei couldn't meet the requirements so he bowed to the pressure and changed the name.
    I think we owe all the Koga ryu ninja our thanks for finally setting we misguided souls straight.
    Nicholas Steele

Any errors or omissions are strictly the responsibility of those from whom I've plagerised.

Likes (received)

Do you seriously believe this?

Likes (received)

This must be sarcasm, if not then. . . .

Likes (received)

i read that article it is with juan hombre can we honestly believe anything mr.hombre says looking at him in the past of course not wasnt he the one who claimed to be someones lost son...

-chi jonesone

bgigas Guest

Post rubbish

Given that Hatsumi Sensei has already revealed that he changed the name to disassociate the Taijutsu that we study with the neo-ninja boom, are you implying that Hatsumi Sensei previously lied to us all? (If your post was of a sarcastic nature, then nevermind).

Also, the idea that Hatsumi would attend such a meeting in the first place seems rather out of charactor for him, although I admit to not having the pleasure of meeting him yet (although hopefully that will soon change at the Taikai ).

Anyway, regardless of the insignificance of a name, I don't care if it's called Bujinkan Clown-Killer-Jutsu, I still enjoy it and I'll still practice it.

bgigas Guest

Default Re: Real reason name changed to budo taijutsu

Originally posted by tetsushin
    Hatsumi sensei couldn't meet the requirements so he bowed to the pressure and changed the name.
    As opposed to people like Ashida Kim, who's qualifications outshine those of Hatsumi Sensei, and thus was not forced to change the name of his style.

Likes (received)

Mr. Gigas, in light of the new school of ultimate power that you've revealed, I've chosen to abandon my previous position with Elmore-sensei's Blades of Death dojo and assume the same position within the Bujinkan's Clown-killer-jutsu subsidary. As long as I can avoid a knife-sharpening contest with my former Blades of Death associates, I think I can anticipate a long and fruitful career. Maybe I'll get to meet other Bujinkan 'affiliates', like the Juko-kai branch!! Cheers!!!

Behold my new sig.

Likes (received)

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I guess I assumed that would be obvious I'm totally amazed that crap like this could actually make it into print. Is it just me or is it also kind of depressing that frauds like that get more 'mainstream' exposure than the Bujinkan?
    Nicholas Steele

Any errors or omissions are strictly the responsibility of those from whom I've plagerised.

Likes (received)

Are you implying that Bujinkan Clown-killer-jutsu deserves less attention than the Bujinkan??! HOGWASH, I say!

bgigas Guest

Wink to the death

I wonder if this means I'll have to fight Mr. Elmore to the death?

Also, in the spirit of sharing knowledge, I would like to make everyone aware that Ashida Kim's mysterious instructor, Shendai, was a nidan of Clown-Killer-Jutsu. Shendai broke the word of Clown-Killer honor, however, and left the Honbu to teach circus freaks in the clown killer art. This, my friends, is how Ashida Kim (once a circus freak) learned the deadly art of ninjutsu.

Spread the good word!

Likes (received)

To all,

Sensei did whatever he had to do nothing more. So don't waste your time wandering how and why and what this guy said or the other.

P.S. Do you realy believe that the only living Soke of the Ninpo arts today would be told by others how to name his organization?
    Eduard Divantman
    bufuikan@bufuikan.com
    www.bufuikan.com

Likes (received)

Sensei did whatever he had to do nothing more. So don't waste your time wandering how and why and what this guy said or the other.
    Well, that about sums it up. So, quit your gossiping and get back to training! ...and another thing....no more 'wandering'!

P.S. All other Ninpo Soke are only aproximating life and therefore are not actually alive and can thus name their orgs whatever they like.
    Last edited by Onmitsu; 24th June 2003 at 12:42.
    Greg Caplinger
    Gekka Dojo
    GWBNF/KJJR

"Shin-gi-tai-ichi"

Elf Tengu Guest

Actually Clown killer jutsu should be pronounced

"Kura Un Kirajutsu"

!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's post this in another thread and see if anyone picks up on it!

Actually, I'll do it now. Look for the thread in the main ninpo and ninjutsu forum section!