Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dueling ?????

Likes (received)

Default DID you read

Did you read what you wrote?

did you look at what was said before?

Im not trying to start a flame war or run anyone off.

And as far as "everyone" goes Im the one who made the smoking joke. And it was that .. a wise crack.

All I would suggest is that you look at what you are saying and the context that its being placed into. Most of the post was unintelligble. At first I thought it was an attempt at poetry. But by the end I didnt think so.

But dont play the wounded soul. You posted what you posted, the way you posted it.

If you have something meaningfull to say, then elaborate and join the conversation. But BLUNTLY and FORCFULLY stating HARSH opinion will get you spoken to very quickly.

We all take sword work very seriously. We all Love what we do. And we all enjoy posting here with people of like minded ambition. BUT we all have to be courtious to eachother or we all will pay the price. Without exception without remorse.
    Keven Cecil
    Iaika
    Musu Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu
    www.whiteherondojo.net

Likes (received)

yes.
    yes.
    I never said you did.
    wise cracks are probably deserved,the rest was more intended for Soulend.
    I don't know about unintelligeble,i suck at poetry,now it seems i suck at english.
    I doubt i have anything meaningfull to say.
    My soul[if i have any,according to soulend ] is not wounded,like i stated,i stand by everything i wrote,no matter how this community views it.
    I failed poorly in that catagory,for that i'm truly sorry,my manners are poor,my grandparents taught me better,they would be ashamed at my behaviour
    Insults to others show a poor character,so i guess i'm flat broke
    Last edited by Grey Wolf; 10th July 2003 at 06:43.

Likes (received)

Sorry Soulend.
    len van der Wolf
    Great Pretender,Master of Nothing,professional Loser and Liar Extraordinaire.

Likes (received)

Default Wow!....a few different opinions.

Hi everybody,
    Thanks for all the 'interesting' replies.
    Paul, I picked up the 'cow dice' at the local agriculture show. They now hang from the rear vision mirror of my John Deer tractor.

Just so everyone knows the full details, this 'person', for want of a better term, sent me the previously mentioned e-mail about 2 weeks ago.
    I replied with my thoughts on the matter, and that I believed he was just a child who must be watching waaaay too much anime.
    There were a number of correspondences in which I came to believe the person was actually serious.
    Anyway, as Nathan has already pointed out, I have put too much time, energy and money into establishing a credible branch of Shinkendo here in Oz to let it be taken by some fool with a death wish!
    I also have a family to think about.
    I take my martial arts as seriously as anyone(probably more serious than alot) but, I take my family more seriously.
    If this person were to threaten my family, or friends, I would hunt them down and pull them apart at the seams. However they didn't.
    This would be a no win situation for me. If I wack the guy on the head, he may die - I go to jail. If I don't kill him, but instead seriously injure him(of course, I'm assuming it's a him....I don't really know) I still go to jail, but I would most likely also be sued!
    Either way, my family loses, the school goes down the gurgler and I lose!!!
    Of course, there is the other possibility. This guy may actually have the goods, and I lose! I may also end up dead or seriously injured.
    So most of you intelligent people out there can see my dilemma.
    I can't win!!!

Mr. Grey wolf, what can I say, your opinions are your own, and you are well entitled to them!
    Your words sound exactly like those e-mailed to me!

For everyone to read, here is a little more correspondence for you to all see exactly what sort of person this guy is.

HQ - After I beat you, then what? I get charged with assault and go to jail? No thanks!

ES - No, you will be able to pride your self in being a Caucasian who can bet the Japs at their own game. You will be able to say I beat a nip that has been taught in the ways of ken since he was five years old, who holds a Ph-d in traditional swordsmanship, and who hold so many accolades he needs to re-enforce his mantle piece.

ES - You western Caucasian¡¦s have no business in the martial ways of the Japanese. You are number six; I have already cleared out the fencing community by combat in Sydney and Adelaide, in business trips in the last year.

HQ - Oh, just out of curiosity, who were the members of the fencing community from Adelaide and Sydney you 'cleared out in combat'?

ES - They were like you naïve, unskilled and in danger of assaulting themselves with their own sword. I out of the generosity of my heart I reduced, humiliated and belittled them in their own dojo’s in front of their own students.

Mr. Grey wolf, I have previously provided this persons e-mail address, perhaps you two guys could get together and die of 'young age' (stupidity).
    Best wishes

Howard Quick

Shinkendo Australia - Shibucho
    Senjutsu Ryu Jujitsu
    Kokusai Toyama Ryu Renmei

Likes (received)

Default WOW again..

This is incredible.

Howard

As an instructor trying to build a school my heart goes out to you. This guy E-mailing you is a crackpot. His termenology(sp) is crazy, his concepts are lacking and his boasting is out of the park. Man oh man. Ya know I would set up this meeting with him and take pics from a distance of him raging in wait for you.You could sell it to MTVs Jack Ass. Or better I would inform the local Law enforcement where and when to pick up an armed lunitic. Then go to meet him while the cops (bronze?) hang out in the bushes. That would be worth having a friend tape. (evil grin)

Grey Wolf??? OH man. I say in my school to my students, that we are a school built on failure. We try something and we fail. We screw it up. And then we try again. We are not a school of quitters. We are a school of success. How? Why? Because we learn from our mistakes and move forward again and again. We are not afraid of making a mistake, because we know it is the foundation for sucess. The very basis for learning. And thus we are the best. We will triumph.

Your sign off reeks of self pitty and self resignation to fail. Im not good enough, poor me. Well shut up and get in the game. Your a swordsman?? Must have sucked to fail the first day in class an mess up everything your sensei taught you. So you quit right? NO? Oh you mean you learned from it?? Sucked it up and kept trying untill you got it right?? Accepted your mistakes and owned them? Then Built upon the lesson you learned?? IF so you did it right, and you did it like the rest of us. If not... well then your a loser. AND if you continue to call yourself a loser, well thats exactly what you will be. SO do us all a favor especially yourself, quit whineing like a pup. Geeze.
    Keven Cecil
    Iaika
    www.whiteherondojo.net

Likes (received)

Mr.Quick,
    I would never challenge another person,never refer to a japanese person as a jap or nip or any other demeaning name.
    Why you accuse me of such things is beyond me,i respect all human beings,no matter colour or creed,you do me a great unjustice in assuming this.
    I merely stated an opinion on duelling,now i'm a bigot and a racist.
    No matter if you think i'm an asshole or liar,but in one night i go from a nameless person into some kind of monster.
    You make me very sad,¤¤¤¤ all the others,but i'm not what you suggest,this is simply beyond any form of decency.

DeanT Guest

Smile WoW!!!!!!

I started this thread with the view to gathering some information for myself on duelling/challenges.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. It is very interesting the wide range of thoughts and opinions.

Howard, your posts have been very interesting indeed. Seems like this is truly a great person that is challenging you. Someone with so many accolades and a Ph-d(I wonder if it was earned or honorary )

Dean Thielke

Likes (received)

Ahh well,Kevin gives his important psychological insight.
    My students,mmmh,you must have something to teach then.
    I felt bad about using foul language and saying things to people i have no knowledge of,but you people have no problem in doing so at all.
    You people actually teach others??
    You teach what?A course in being an asshole,i tell my students....?
    People come in and you abuse them?if i came to your school,you would be happy to have me as a student.
    you view my words as a weakness,but when i speak of a duel,you call me insane,you talk about whinning?
    I could say words,they offend you,you say some,one of your friends come in,etc,etc endless talk,internet !!!!!!!!,you win.Amen.
    Last edited by Grey Wolf; 10th July 2003 at 08:02.

Likes (received)

Default Hmm and yes..

Well I tried to let you have something there. I see that that is not worthy of your self..

I can see now that the self pitty was a poor act that I fell for. Shame on me.

My school. Yes I have a school. Small and humble but MINE. Only the Hombu Dojo of Nevada with only two Shibu dojo.. but thats ok. Its still small and growing.

Ahh well,Kevin gives his important psychological insight.

Must have hit a nerve there eh??

My students,mmmh,you must have something to teach then.

I dont know, but this piece of paper says I do. So I must. And they keep coming back

I felt bad about using foul language and saying things to people i have no knowledge of,but you people have no problem in doing so at all.

You are the only one using foul language here. So you should feel ashamed

You people actually teach others??

Didnt we already go over this?? Rude and a short memory, so sad.

You teach what?A course in being an asshole,i tell my students....?

Ewww your so mean with your superior intelect. Oh my ego is bleeding form your whip like venomous whit!

People come in and you abuse them?if i came to your school,you would be happy to have me as a student.

Yes I would.. very happy. But I dont think you would be. Id ask you to look at yourself. And I dont think you would like that.

you view my words as a weakness,but when i speak of a duel,you call me insane,you talk about whinning?

No.. not your words, your self pitty whinning. And Dueling in a lifethreatening capacity is not insane.. its plain STUPID.

I could say words,they offend you,you say some,one of your friends come in,etc,etc endless talk,internet !!!!!!!!,you win.Amen.

I wasnt offended, untill now. I actually felt pitty for you. But now I see why you say your posts end up in flame wars. You look for it. Now once more .. put down the crack pipe and step away from the fumes. Geeze.. some people.
    Keven Cecil
    Iaika
    www.whiteherondojo.net

Likes (received)

,i love you too Cecil.
    could you please lend me that piece of paper,i need to light my pipe.

Likes (received)

Default KA BAMO!!!

AH THE PAIN!!

er I mean..

oh the childishness.

This has got to end. Your enjoying this to much and this is taking WAY to much attention away from what the thread starter wanted to know.

Never the ability to sign your name. You are WHORING the time away from the subject and I have played into that.

TO the other members of this thread, I apoligize. I will no longer feed into this individuals need for attention.

May we please get back to the topic.

Wolfie.. you can say your last stinging words now and I will not reply. Go ahead.. er.. you win I guess. Get me now cause Im done with you and this game of yours.
    Keven Cecil
    Iaika
    www.whiteherondojo.net

Likes (received)

And now for something completely different.

Howard,

Just ignore the crackpot. If he hasn't got the gumption to tell you his real name or tradition, then he isn't worth contemplating.

Likes (received)

Thank God for the voice of reason

Likes (received)

Hi all,
    Mr. Grey...or is it Mr. Wolf?
    I did not accuse you of anything, infact I showed you respect by agreeing you are entitled to your opinion. Then you come on here and insult myself as well as others. No name, just a computer. Does this sound familiar?
    Also, maybe you can see the similarities here:

GREYWOLF - We practice the way of the sword everyday,and none of us ever wonders what it be like to really stand against an opponent for real??
    If our skills and more important our hearts will be good enough to stand that test?
    You throw around arguments about legality,wisdom and stature.
    For over 300 years people paid in blood for the lessons we learn today,they fought and tested the techniques our masters teach us.
    Everyday we set our minds to battle real enemies,to test our timing and skill in kata,to find the weakness in our fellow students attack or defense.

Or perhaps this:

GREYWOLF - I rather die by a blade in a duel,than of disease or old age.
    What does all this talk about honour,zanshin or bushido mean,all these serious faces and attitudes in the dojo,this what degree do you have,who is your teacher crap,when you laugh at a challenge and are afraid to meet a blade.

EDEN SMITH - Please do not be pathetic, the time will come when you are laid low in the grave, and you may have missed perhaps your one chance in real combat and you will have nothing to show for all of your learning and training, what a tragedy. I do my talking with my sword!

You know, I don't get the whole "I want to be a samurai" thing.
    I've had students in the past in both Jujutsu and Shinkendo say things like "I would love to have lived in those days".
    To which I reply "WHY?" "Do you like the idea of every day possibly being your last? Do you like the idea of killing on a regular basis? Do you like not being able to trust even your closest friend, because they may be vying for your job?"
    In the dojo we put ourselves into the correct mindset to make what we do as realistic as possible. Outside of the dojo, it's the 21st Century. Sure some things are carried over to everyday life. Things such as morals, ideals etc. But, People don't carry swords anymore! Look around, there's no such thing as honour among most. If you win, they'll look for revenge. Maybe firearms will be involved?!? There is no need for challenges(duels) nowadays. Challenge youself to be better at the arts you study! Challenge yourself every day to be a better person!
    Best wishes

Howard Quick

Shinkendo Australia - Shibucho
    Senjutsu Ryu Jujitsu
    Kokusai Toyama Ryu Renmei

Likes (received)

Lightbulb Good News/Bad News

For whatever its worth I took some time to go over the post by "Grey Wolf" and admit that I have heard--- maybe even voiced-- similar sentiments regarding the integrity of sword study in particular, and KMA in general. Afterall, by definition and designation we aspire to study practices which are martial in nature, yes? Where I think I would part from these beliefs, though, is in the Purpose for which I train (and teach).

In my own life I learn to use my body as a weapon as well as to amplify my intentions with various tools such as sticks and sword. Such skills give me a certain amount of power over circumstances. As we have probably all heard, the measure of a persons' character can be guaged significantly by how they manage the use of power in their lives. So, though I have learned a skill, or skills, the actual training is how I manage the power those skills give me in dealing with life.

Now, before you decide that this is some philosophical rant unique to me, I would point out that what I am talking about is the same sort of training any good military units have undergone for many generations. Training is not simply a matter of giving a soldier, sailor or marine combat skills but in developing those skills to such a level of esprit' that they can be executed without thinking--- and yet used in a morally and legally correct fashion. No small trick this, as events such as the Battle of the Bulge and Mai Lai, Vietnam demonstrated.

Where I think I have a "parting of the way" with Grey Wolf is that he apparently sees the use of martial skill as some sort of end in itself-- a sort of closed system--- while I view it as a sort of means to a greater end. I won't pretend to judge his interpretation as good or bad. I will say only that IME I have usually found that folks who take this particular position seem to get stuck at the level of simply winning and losing a conflict in and of itself when I believe there might be so much more to redeem from ones' hard training. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
    Bruce W Sims
    www.midwesthapkido.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast