Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A Few Q's from a Newb

Likes (received)

Again you're words are untrue,faggot is only used one's and is not adressed to homosexuals[to each his own],but merely to people who need a website to explain the word Trolls to them
    I would be proud to be a faggot if you're sorry ass is heterosexual,and your dumbass is welcome at my house everyday,if you can get passed the 3 year olds

Likes (received)

This is making me sick

Likes (received)

Default Anyone mind if I get back on topic?

Originally posted by A.M. Jauregui
    Kendo: Its Philosophy, History and Means to Personal Growth by Minoru Kiyota

This is a costly, hard to read, hard to find, but wonderful book on the, “the etiquette, manor, and mind development that go along with this regions training.“ [
    The old Routledge version of this title was indeed costly (at around US$100), but it was republished last year as "The Shambala Guide to Kendo" in paperback at approx US$20. Defninitely worth looking out for.

A. M. Jauregui Guest

Default ^

SWEET!!!

How about you guys (you know who you are) just drop it. There are plenty of threads that you can better contribute too.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Grey Wolf
    Again you're words are untrue,faggot is only used one's and is not adressed to homosexuals[to each his own]
    1:
    ..there's only 16 million of those faggots.
    2:
    ..the same insincere and faggot intent.
    but merely to people who need a website to explain the word Trolls to them
    A web site is not neccesary with posts of your caliber.
    I would be proud to be a faggot if you're sorry ass is heterosexual
    Huzzah! Be proud! By the way "you're" is a contraction of "you are". And I'm the dumbass (see below)?
    dumbass is welcome at my house everyday,if you can get passed the 3 year olds
    What on earth are you doing with a bunch of 3-year-olds at your (note spelling) house? Umm, never mind..don't answer that.
    i call people names because of this you call me a troll.
    Yep, people who lapse into vulgarity for no apparent reason generally are trolls.
    i stand by my challenge,call me a liar or untrue,come meet me.
    Woohoo! Tough guy!
    because i'm not an american.
    Nonsense. There are many non-American members here. There is also at least one from the Netherlands (Rogier), and he's cool as hell. It has more to do with the fact that you're rude, childish, and insulting than your nationality, honest.
    This is making me sick.
    Try not to throw up on your keyboard - you are unintelligible enough as it is. Never fear, methinks your time here on e-budo will be limited.

And with that I'm done.
    David F. Craik

Likes (received)

Default Re: Anyone mind if I get back on topic?

Originally posted by ichibyoshi
    it was republished last year as "The Shambala Guide to Kendo" in paperback at approx US$20. Defninitely worth looking out for.
    Wow...I saw this somewhere but didn't note the author, so I didn't realize it was the same book. Got to keep an eye out for it.
    David F. Craik

Likes (received)

This is making me sick
    What kind of drunk frenzy are you in? At least spell the name of your teachers right, and do not embarrass them with this strange display of outward hostility.

You practise jodo? What is the aim of the last attack of the jo in ranai?
    You practise tskr? What is the name of the fifth iaijutsu-kata?

You are a very lucky man, to practise both msr and tskr. Holy cow.

Pardon me, but you do not radiate the sincerity to be expected from a budoka with the "mileage" you claim.

But thats of course only my poor first hand impression, you may be the musashi of pancake kingdom for what i know.
    Roar Ulvestad

Likes (received)

Hostility?
    ulvulv,is it ed instead of aad that makes you say this,if you know him so well,he can explain this easily to you.
    Why is it so special that i practice both styles,i'm from the Hague,these styles are both practiced here,in fact Mr.Bekink used to run the original school of kendo kai.
    if you know what i practise,where did i start this argument?
    in Iaijutsu it be in Iai goshi named Sa Ken or in Tachi jutsu called Nuki uchi no tachi.
    Why is it i get so much flak,,i don't"radiate" sincerity,what am i nuclear waste.
    Soulend is full of €€€€,fuelling an argument that is not his,popping in,making my point,try your hand at dutch big man,with your grammar lessons.and please speak your "tough guy"words in the mirror.
    There was a simple statement from my side,causing the action\reaction going on now,resulting in what can you do,well gentlemen,what can you do??
    It's not that i care,it doesn't really say much about you or your skills,but it seems to be very important to you people here.

Likes (received)

As in the post duelling,i apologize in general,but especially to Mahan and Soulend,for my offensive language.
    it seems i cause nothing but trouble and insults,which were not my intentions.
    I spoke true in my posts,but it seems that either i explain myself poorly or i'm just plain dumb,probably both.
    I will refrain from any further posts,there is enough war on this planet.

Likes (received)

The first 12 forms of Muso Shinden are only 35 years old,hardly old school,said that anything Iaido is new,or else it be called iaijutsu.

Do not confuse shinden ryu with zenkenreniai aka seitei-iai. the first seven katas of znkr-iai is about 35 years old. zenkenren-iai is not a part of musoshinden ryu, although members of ekf-affiliated clubs do znkr-iai a lot before starting with msr.

it is special that you do both styles, because it takes a lot of time. Then I guess you perhaps do only seitejo. Doing the full system of shindo muso ryu and the full system of tskr is two fulltime-activities. I guess if you have the time, and good teachers, anything is possible. Good luck in your continued training
    Roar Ulvestad

Likes (received)

...okay, then.

Tristan, I only wanted to clear one thing up: I noted you hardly ever find authentic koryu kenjutsu outside of Japan. I didn't say you NEVER find it! If you do find such instruction in your area, ask about it here and we can usually help you authenticate it.

Kendo and iaido are usually the easiest to find. Shinkendo is growing and many sword practitioners are quite satisfied with the swordwork of aikido, which varies from dojo to dojo. Kumdo is often connected with TKD or hapkido dojos. Buyer beware any karate or jujutsu instructor selling a bastardized sword form.
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

Likes (received)

As in the post duelling,i apologize in general,but especially to Mahan and Soulend,for my offensive language.
    it seems i cause nothing but trouble and insults,which were not my intentions.
    I spoke true in my posts,but it seems that either i explain myself poorly or i'm just plain dumb,probably both.
    I will refrain from any further posts,there is enough war on this planet.
    Apology accepted. Despite the generally offensive nature of some of your posts, I have gleaned that your major beef with Iaido is your percieved inclusion of the ZNKR Seitei Iai kata in the MSR curriculum. It also appears that you have a major beef with the way the seitei are practiced, and that it is that which makes you say that iaido is more form than substance. Fair enough. I'm no fan of seitei iai either. As has been noted above, the ZNKR Seitei kata are not part of MSR, although many EKF and other ZNKR affiliated organizations do in fact practice it alongside MSR.

While I'm not a big fan of seitei myself, I think I understand why they were introduced in the ZNKR. That being that they were largely meant as an introduction to genuine koryu such as MSR. I still can't help but wonder if they haven't done more harm than good to the cause of getting kendo folks into koryu , but as I am not part of the ZNKR world my opinion isn't really worth much.

It's not that you explain yourself poorly, it's that you chose not to do so at all, despite being asked to do so. There is no need to refrain from posting, but the language and generally insulting tone you have taken in your posts is simply unacceptable. Tone it down and you'll be fine.
    Charles Mahan

Iaido - Breaking down bad habits,
    and building new ones.

Tristan Guest

Originally posted by Charlie Kondek
    ...okay, then.

Tristan, I only wanted to clear one thing up: I noted you hardly ever find authentic koryu kenjutsu outside of Japan. I didn't say you NEVER find it! If you do find such instruction in your area, ask about it here and we can usually help you authenticate it.

Kendo and iaido are usually the easiest to find. Shinkendo is growing and many sword practitioners are quite satisfied with the swordwork of aikido, which varies from dojo to dojo. Kumdo is often connected with TKD or hapkido dojos. Buyer beware any karate or jujutsu instructor selling a bastardized sword form.
    ~~
    Shinkendo sounds like fun (that's Japanese fencing, right?), but I'll probably be S.O.L. on that one as well. The more I read about it the more it seems likely that I should be able to find an Iaido school that will be within a tolerable driving distance. Is there a site to find a school? I found one for kendo (IKF website, I think), but not specifically Iaido. Or do most Kendo schools teach Iaido as well? I read that many high ranking Kendoka are also high ranking Iaidoka and vice versa.
    ~~

Likes (received)

Shinkendo is a relatively new art(20 to 30 years or so, not sure) based on koryu techniques. Kendo is the Japanese equivalent of fencing, only not really, but sorta kinda...
    Charles Mahan

Iaido - Breaking down bad habits,
    and building new ones.

Tristan Guest

~~
    Hey, Charles. I just had to point something out in your sig that you should change.

"Iaido - Breaking down bad habits,
    and building new ones."

It makes it sound like you are breaking down old bad habits and building new bad habits. If this wasn't your intention, you might want to put the word "better" in there or something.
    ~~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast