Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Myofu An Dojo vs Bujinkan Dojo

Likes (received)

Default Myofu An Dojo vs Bujinkan Dojo

If this question is ignorant please pardon me as I am a neophyte to the Ninpo world. There are two dojo in my area from which I can choose.
    1)Myofu An Dojo in Milford NH. Leon Drucker is the head instructor. He is affiiate with Greg Kowalski who teaches a seminar there once a month. Or
    2)Bujinkan Dojo in Manchester, NH. Steve Lefebvre is the sensei.

But actually there is a third in Boston run by Mark Davis.

Which is the better school? Is there any difference? Are they affiliated or do they belong to the same group?

Thanks

Stanely Neptune

Likes (received)

Go to each dojo and ask these questions. I'm sure that they will happily answer them. The most important thing is that you enjoy training with the group you choose.

Likes (received)

I can't speak for the first two, but I've trained under Mark Davis for a number of years. He's an amazingly gifted instructor as well as an all around great guy. I strongly reccomend checking him out. He is affiliated with the Bujinkan.

Likes (received)

Hello Stanley,

Please feel free to stop in and try out or view a training session. As you already know, our school does offer several Martial arts programs, and you are welcome to try them all.

Bufu Ikkan

Sensei Steve Lefebvre

www.Bujinkandojo.net

Likes (received)

I thought the Myofu An was still part of the Bujinkan.
    John Lindsey

Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.

George Russell Guest

John wrote;
    I thought the Myofu An was still part of the Bujinkan.

It still is as far as I know. DO check Leon out, he rocks! BTW tell him George from Texas says hello and I'll see him later this year.

Virginia Tech, Randolph hall, its not a dorm, but I sleep there more than in my appartment :)
    Likes (received)

I'm not sure about the school, but last I knew Mr. Kowalski was still in the bujinkan. I personally would love to train with him, as I've seen video of his work at a couple of Daikomyosai's, and the man is bloody incredible.
    Only when you have lost everything are you free to do anything.

Tim Streett
    Hidden Mountain Bujinkan, Blacksburg, VA

Swordsman Guest

Hi Stan,

I've been training at the Bujinkan Dojo in Manchester, NH Under Sensei Steve Lefebvre for 4 years now and I am extreamly happy with the level of training I have recieved.

I train in the Budo Taijutsu, Combative Concepts along with Sayoc Kali class and I am always learning something new and it's always alot of fun.

Come on in and try anything I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

Hope to see you soon,

Nicholas Stevens

George Russell Guest

Default a little off track but...

Tim wrote;
    I'm not sure about the school, but last I knew Mr. Kowalski was still in the bujinkan. I personally would love to train with him, as I've seen video of his work at a couple of Daikomyosai's, and the man is bloody incredible
    --------------------------------------
    We'll be hosting Greg here in Texas in September. If you are really interested in training with Greg contact me at LHBD1@aol.com

George Russell Guest

Default BTW

Steve wrote;
    Bufu Ikkan

Sensei Steve Lefebvre
    ------------------------------------------

Isn't it still considered rude, by the Japanese (and most Americans) to refer to oneself as Sensei? The last person I heard do that was Jeff Prather. He asked a person attending one of his seminars what their name was then introduced himself as Sensei. Not Jeff or even Prather Sensei...just Sensei.

Tamdhu Guest

Not rude, so much as 'goofy'.

; )

Bryant Gmfry Guest

Sensei means one who has gone before. If they wish to call themselves sensei what does it really matter in the long run.
    Thom Humphreys

Likes (received)

Hello Again Everyone,

Titles often become such a heated thread. It really doesn't matter what I sign on a post etc to me. But when it is in the context of the "dojo" most people call me Sensei, out of respect for the art we practice. In other classes, students call me Steve or Guro, whatever. At work, when I compose a letter to outside business or contacts, I include "Scientist" as a note of where I am in the hierarchy of the company. If you are a medical doctor, you usually put M.D. at the end of the signature. I could go on, but there is no need.

When a new person enters the school and I greet them, it has never been "sensei" but as Steve. Stop in and find out, it is the best way to see if I really "walk the walk".

Train Hard it is the Way!

Steve Lefebvre
    ps: Look no title!!!

Likes (received)

Steve,

This is a tempest in a tea cup aka a load of crap perpetuated by a bunch of uptight cyber nerds with nothing better to do than criticize someone for how they sign their name.

I started the thread seeking some answers. You were kind enough to answer my questions. That's twice in two threads. Thank you for your thoughtful response. I will definitely visit your school.

I don't know what constitutes a troll as I am not an internet geek. However diverting the flavor of the thread away from the receipt of knowledge to a bogus argument of how someone signs their name seems foolish and a waste of everyone's time. To those who would criticize I say grow up, move out of your parent's basements and get a life! How someone signs is a non-issue and a useless diversion.

Great Grand Poobah and Master of the Universe Stanley Neptune

Likes (received)

Hello Stanley,

I look forward to having the opportunity to meet and train with you. I am taking a short vacation and will be back the 2nd week of August. Give the school a call or contact me via email, and we can set up your trial class.

Train Hard it is the Way!

Steve Lefebvre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast