Likes Likes:  0

Thread: O.E. Simon - Ever Heard of Him?

wangfeijian Guest

Default O.E. Simon - Ever Heard of Him?

I would like to kindly make an inquiry into an individual whom I used to train under. I know you probably get bogged down with tons of crap about fakes and phonies, but this guy is pacing around under the title of Grandmaster and Dali Seng Shi (all deemed by himself), and promoting his "White Tiger" and Moo Temple system (Kempo stuff he shamelessly claims to have designed by himself), while at the same time denying and disrespecting all of his past teachers and or individuals he trained with in the past who influenced him. I don't even know who they are.

1) Name: Olaf Simon (A.K.A in his studios: Grandmaster Simon, Dali Seng Shi Lama, 33 Vulnerable Generation of the Tookien Temple (that Fujian provinces Shaolin temple writtn in bad phonetics)
    2) School: Temple Kungfu (primarily in Canada)
    3) Trained under or with Ed Parker for some unknown amount of time perhaps absorbing a lot of knowledge. He flagrantly disregards as having learned anything useful from Ed Parker, and moreover disrespects the man as having lacked any real skill.
    4) Fails to acknowledge any of his past teachers or influences. To this day I don't know what it is that I studied for 5 years. I've heard kempo looking but I don't even know. Its shame.
    5) Apparently was involved with a lot of the US originals in MA circuit in the 60's
    6) Claims to have co-managed some Long Beach tournaments with Ed Parker
    7)In the 70's use to run some schools in Canada called Simon's Karate
    8) Then caught "Shaolin" fever and repackaged everything marketing it purely as Northern and Southern Chinese kungfu (???).
    9) He claims to be the 33rd generation inheritor of the Tookien Temple in China(i.e. Fujian provinces Shaolin Temple; thats the famous Southern temple)
    10) In a court deposition (not related to fraudulent practices) he admitted to never going to China, inventing all of his titles and disrespecting a lot of teachers in the various Japanese and Chinese styles.
    11) Now he is taking a lot of heat in Canada, but there is no one with enough authoritative information from his earlier days to call him on it.
    12) Overall he is just a real disrespectful individual with an ego to go with it. He is building a "Temple" like fortress with the millions he has made from his studios somewhere in Canada for his Neo Chan Buddhist followers to visit. Almost cult like.

Can someone help me learn more about this individuals background, so I can learn more about the influecnes in my past training. Could you kindly help me spread this around.

Thanks and best regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Background: I've been working in Shanghai now for (5 years now) and studying Seven Star Praying Mantis

Likes (received)

Default Re: O.E. Simon - Ever Heard of Him?

Originally posted by wangfeijian

Background: I've been working in Shanghai now for (5 years now) and studying Seven Star Praying Mantis
    Yeah but what is your name?

link1

Link2

Link3

link4
    Ed Boyd

MarkF Guest

wangfeijian,
    Ed is correct concerning your name. You will probably get more information if you use your full name. You can set your sig. in user options by clicking on the "user cp" button at the top right of the page, then options. You will find a box for it and there is a box to check to make it your default whenever you post. Set it and forget it (not to mention that you agreed to do so when you signed on).

BTW: Welcome to E-budo!

Mark

MarkF Guest

BTW: Link three contains a link to "Temple Frauds" but the page is down. I found this while googling:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/205613

This should work and is a forum for those who feel defrauded by Temple Kung Fu of Olaf E. Simon. I got a minimum of thirty pages of posts. The forum is titles "Temple Frauds."

Mark

Likes (received)

Default O.E. Simon - Ever Heard of Him?

I was a student many years ago with Temple Kung Fu Studios. I visited a martial arts school in downtown Seattle,WA and asked them if they had ever heard of Temple Kung Fu Studios. They said yes and that they bought videos from their martial arts store and a few other schools in the area. After being with Temple Kungfu for about 4yrs I was told to come into the office to talk about signing a new contract and was also told in secrecy that all this time they have been teaching karate and that now I will be testing for the blue sash in which I will begin to learn "Real Shaolin Kung Fu". In the beginning the school told everyone that they are never to show anyone the style, not even to family. And no student was allowed to compete in any tournaments. It would be showing off and you would not be humble, and anyone caught competing or showing the style would be kicked out of the school. These statements tied together proved my suspicions that they were lying about what they were teaching,along with a couple of Mr. Simons books showing him performing Karate. Ultimately I simply walked away and never went back.