Likes Likes:  0
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96
Results 1,426 to 1,434 of 1434

Thread: Ask The Atheist

Kimpatsu Guest

As long as Harvey, Aaron, and I were here it was a positive number, Bruce.
    No go figure out the square root of -1 for us, there's a good chap. Don't come back until you've got it.
    (here's hoping...)

Ben Bartlett Guest

Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    That says it all, Ben. This is not good work; it's indoctrination. Anything with strings attached is by definition not selfless or altruistic. And the so-called "good work" would be far better accomplished by a secular NGO. You're too forgiving, whereas I forgive the church or any other cult nothing. Their evil far outweighs the good they may do.
    And note your article mentions the Catholics, who are out for the currency of 1-bullion+ souls, which they then use as a weapon to browbeat their way into the UN, a very secular, temporal, political organisation. They're out for power, pure and simple.
    *sigh* Alright, we'll just have to disagree on this one. But my point is, the "strings attached" (aka, you have to listen to some dude talk to you about Jesus) is not the same as "only giving help if you are Christian, otherwise you get none", which is what you had said. The former, I think, ranks as somewhat obnoxious (and frankly, a small price to pay- something tells me, given all the crap those people suffer through, that it's well worth it in exchange for, say, living through childbirth), whereas the latter would certainly rank as deprived.

As for a secular NGO, that'd be great, sure. But there isn't one out there that's doing the volume of work the Christians are doing in Africa. If you're asking me to pick between letting those people suffer and die, or letting the evangelicals go over there and help them, while, admittedly, preaching away... I'll gladly take the latter. I'm rather pragmatic in that sense. (And if Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Mormons, people who believe in something else, or people who don't believe in any of those things want to do the same thing, more power to 'em, I say.)

Kimpatsu Guest

What we need is a global framework in which the impoverished are not beholden to the whims of organisations, but receive medical care as their right. Look at the Catholic Church: telling outright lies about condoms to further their own beliefs! (Did you see the Panorama special, "Sex and the Holy City"?) Tell me that's acceptable.

bruceb Guest

As long as Harvey, Aaron, and I were here it was a positive number, Bruce.
    No go figure out the square root of -1 for us, there's a good chap. Don't come back until you've got it.
    (here's hoping...)
    So, the illusion of Three is in your head, eh?

The witches cauldron burning too with smell of rotting bones?

As I have said, you cannot think outside the box, just like a rat in a maze.

Never mind ... The square root of one is the same as minus one only without the minus.

Which reminds me .... is the real atheist ever gonna show up or is open mic night gonna continue forever with TK and HARVEY?

Kimpatsu Guest

...and in an ideal world, Bruce B would not exist.

bruceb Guest

...and in an ideal world, Bruce B would not exist.
    What is the matter Tony, don't know how to play nice with the other children?

Or is THE SKY FALLING just like it did for Chicken little?

Where is that atheist?

Not TK, the real one??

Kimpatsu Guest

No, Bruce, the sky cannot fall; it is not a physical entity. It is not a firmament, nor a stereoma.
    Your Biblical literalism can prove quite disconcerting in the 21st century.

Likes (received)

Poor Brucie - can't quite get his teeny tiny little mind wrapped around the concept of atheism. Still believes the there really is no such beast and insists that they are something else.

So, Bruce, just what does the neighbor's dog say to you at night when nobody else is listening?

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

bruceb Guest

Default Cut you boys off... You've had too much to drink

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    Poor Brucie - can't quite get his teeny tiny little mind wrapped around the concept of atheism. Still believes the there really is no such beast and insists that they are something else.

So, Bruce, just what does the neighbor's dog say to you at night when nobody else is listening?

We must call a cab for you lads to take you home and sleep it off.

Missed the point entirely, again.

I am the supporter of the Atheist, but only if it allows the religious and the atheist to not be a danger to themselves or others.

Sorry boys, you are now becoming a danger to yourselves and others, time to go sleep it off.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96