Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Ask the...Well, ask me.

bruceb Guest

Default comedy and reality ...

"God is the universe" is as much a reality as it is scientific, or it is ... comedy.

God Created cars because he / she was tired of riding that smelly old horse.

Well, in the sense that all things are creations of the universe, it is true, it is not true, and it is funny all at the same time.

God even Created Tony Kehoe because he/she needed to be entertained as much as enlightened in a unique creation within humanity.

Get over being anti-atheist, or atheist because you are missing the point.

What is the point?

Whatever exists in your environment, your universe is where you must base all truth After you have learned that reality, then you can entertain yourself with theorys and postulations. This is the biggest problem I have with the religious proponents in that they postulate and theorize with leaps of faith rather than by the observations within their environment.

Humanity can not change nature from the standpoint of influencing mother nature to bend to their will, but we can induce conditions to be more favorable, such as growing plants, or even shelters for our survival that will be favorable to humanity.

Maybe this is the center of all the controversy? Humanity thinks they can influence all things? Is that the problem?

Hmmmmmmmm

Comedy, and reality .... comedy and reality.

Virginia Tech, Randolph hall, its not a dorm, but I sleep there more than in my appartment :)
    Likes (received)

Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    Question: Do human beings have souls?
    And if yes, do only humans have souls, or do all living things, including wasps and bacteria?

Depends on who you ask, really. The Western faiths (ie Xtianity, Islam and Judaism) would hold that while all is God's creation, humanity is unique in its possession of a soul, ability to be saved (submit, whatever the buzz-word of your particular situation), and possession of free will.

A more eastern viewpoint, stemming out from Hinduism on into all the later variations, would hold that every creature is possessed of a sould and the ability to "choose" its actions, and its ability to suffer the karmic results of said actions. I forget the name of the guru, but its a famous hindu legend of a guru who lived 999 lives, ranging from a mosquito to a king, before finally acheiving moksha. Thus, as a soul can be incarnated into a bug, bugs must have souls. Bacteria seems a logical extension of that, though as they are mostly without sensing organs, there would be no memory of any existences as a bacterium...

Just a couple o pennies...
    Only when you have lost everything are you free to do anything.

Tim Streett
    Hidden Mountain Bujinkan, Blacksburg, VA

Likes (received)

Sorry, Tony, MU is the only answer. If only humans have a soul (or participate in the universal soul) then it is not universal. If animals also have souls, then we are in essence the same as mosquitoes.

Define "soul", or are you leaving that up to the theists?
    Jack Bieler

"The best things can't be told; the second best are misunderstood; the third best are what we talk about." - after Heinrich Zimmer

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by dirithtai
    Depends on who you ask, really.
    What do YOU think?

bruceb Guest

Default All religion is created by ...

Hold it ... hold it ... stop right there!

Mu?? That is another creation of humanity. Unless you are refering to the electrical discharge of energy from human body and its identifiable freguency? Is that what you are refering to?

About the only soul that humanity has is the thought processes of the human brain and the empathy of those thoughts. Does the energy of the human body leave it or continue on after the body dies? I don't know ... and as far as evidence to support or deny heaven or hell ... none has ever been presented beyond the speculation of living human beings.

The plain fact of the matter is .. human beings create religion and all the pomp, circumstance and rig-a-ma-roll that goes with it. For some reason, religion is means to psychologically fix the mind, the thoughts in that mind that control many functions of the body, and religion, in effect, becomes not just faith, but a means to come to terms with ones problems.

Yeah, I have said this twenty different ways, but this conclusion was not something that came overnight, but from years of wrestling with other people proposed over what I had observed.

I really don't expect anyone to give up their religion or their faith because, at the moment, it is a means to maintain your own life in some sort of sanity and some sort of order. This order is a good thing, why change it if it works?

If enough people realize how and why their faith works, where it comes from, what it is supposed to do, maybe .... just maybe ... we can divert some of the efforts that are bogus money making schemes in religion into another more needed sector of society.

Just a thought.

Kimpatsu Guest

Unless you are refering to the electrical discharge of energy from human body and its identifiable freguency?
    More pseudoscientific babble from Bruce.

Likes (received)

Default Re: All religion is created by ...

Originally posted by bruceb
    Just a thought.
    No, it's not.
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

Likes (received)

Has anyone told Brucie to shove it up his aura yet?

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    Has anyone told Brucie to shove it up his aura yet?
    I suspect Bruce's aura glows in the dark...

Likes (received)

Yeah, I've heard of people swimming in lakes polluted with various forms of industrial waste and the bio-luminescent bacteria that feed off of it.......

Harvey Moul

Fish and visitors stink after three days - Ben Franklin

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
    Yeah, I've heard of people swimming in lakes polluted with various forms of industrial waste and the bio-luminescent bacteria that feed off of it.......

Likes (received)

Default Re: All religion is created by ...

Originally posted by bruceb
    Mu?? That is another creation of humanity. Unless you are referring to the electrical discharge of energy from the human body and its identifiable frequency? Is that what you are referring to?
    No... It's nothing really.
    Jack Bieler

"The best things can't be told; the second best are misunderstood; the third best are what we talk about." - after Heinrich Zimmer

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10