Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Why don't the Brits like David Blaine?

Mekugi Guest

I can answer that one...

We had to make sure who was going to win it first before we entered, dontcha know!!

-R
    Originally posted by larsen_huw
    While we're on the subject of Americans and wars ....

Anyone else find it strange they managed to turn up 3 years late to both World Wars?

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Mekugi
    I can answer that one...

We had to make sure who was going to win it first before we entered, dontcha know!!

-R
    hehehe ...

Infact i got a good story on this ...

I assume Jeremy Clarkson is unknown to you Americans .... he's a TV personality here who started off on a car review program, and branched off into anything involving speed, or big boys toys!

Anyways ... for one of his programs he had to interview Gen. Chuck Yager (sp?).

He was running a little late, and apparently Gen. Yager doesn't take too kindly to those who aren't punctual. He rather snappily told Clarkson he was 15 minutes late when he turned up.

To which Clarkson replied: "That's nothing. You guys were three years late for WW2."

Apparently that didn't go down too well with Gen. Yager who had to go and calm down for 30 minutes before the interview could take place!

Huw Larsen

Number 1 member of the Default Collective of Misfits

Kimpatsu Guest

While we're on the subject of Americans and wars ....

Anyone else find it strange they managed to turn up 3 years late to both World Wars?

Not really. The answer's simple: their knowledge of geography is so poor, they got lost.

Likes (received)

hehehe ...

Infact i got a good story on this ...

I assume Jeremy Clarkson is unknown to you Americans .... he's a TV personality here who started off on a car review program, and branched off into anything involving speed, or big boys toys!

Actually Huw, Noel Edmonds started off the car review on BC2 with Top Gear. Clarkson, and he is no TV personality, made it popular by being a complete prat on the old goggle box.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Will Northcote
    Actually Huw, Noel Edmonds started off the car review on BC2 with Top Gear. Clarkson, and he is no TV personality, made it popular by being a complete prat on the old goggle box.
    Yes Will,

But if you read what i said and which you quoted, i said Jemermy Clarkson STARTED OFF ON Top Gear (actually i said a car review program ... but i might as well use the name now). I made no mention whatsoever as to who STARTED OFF THE program.

I can probably name 5 presenters who worked on Top Gear before Clarkson started off the top of my head.

Tony Mason;
    Andy Will(something);
    Quentin Wilson;
    Tiff Needel;
    and Noel Edmonds.

No idea if they're all correct.

Clarkson made it popular by being honest. He was straightforward and blunt at a time when most car review programs never gave cars a bad review. He used sexual metaphors and damning similies which hadn't ever been used so blatently on such a program. He was a straight-talking Yorkshireman who you could trust. If he said a car was good, it wasn't because the car company had shipped him off to Barbados, given him a stay in a 5 star hotel and let him drive their new car for a bit in between ... it was because he genuinely believed it was a good car.

In the 15 or so years he's been on TV, he has 'formed' a TV personality for himself, which has made him look like bit of a prat ... but originally his novelty was that he actually told the truth.
    Huw Larsen

Number 1 member of the Default Collective of Misfits

Likes (received)

I love Clarkson, he's wicked!
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Likes (received)

Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
    Matt, my estimation in you has seriously gone out of the window

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Will Northcote
    Matt, my estimation in you has seriously gone out of the window
    Then my job is complete, before you must have thought i was the coolest guy on the world, so now it must be the coolest guy in the UK, which is true.

I love his dress sence too...denim and pointy shoes, amazing...

Cheers
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Kimpatsu Guest

Clarkson isn't so honest; Private Eye exposed how he has a nasty habit of keeping the cars he reviews, refusing to return them to the manufacturer.

Likes (received)

Then my job is complete, before you must have thought i was the coolest guy on the world, so now it must be the coolest guy in the UK, which is true.

I love his dress sence too...denim and pointy shoes, amazing...

Cheers
    Naaa Matt, I just despise everyone on e-budo with loathing and pure hate

Likes (received)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12