Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you post count drop?

Likes (received)

Default Did you post count drop?

If so, it means you are spending way too much time in the Member's Lounge . I cleaned out a lot of old posts in there. and I also turned off post counting for now. That means any posts you make in that one forum will not be added to your total post count.
    John Lindsey

Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.

Likes (received)

Oh my, Kimpatsu dropped from 5500 to 1500.
    John Lindsey

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by John Lindsey
    Oh my, Kimpatsu dropped from 5500 to 1500.
    This is all a ploy to stop me from being the first person to 10,000! All that wisdom lost! All those jokes gone forever! All that Bruce B baiting lost to posterity!
    Go hang yourself, John.

Thumbs up

Hooray!! I don't feel like such a sad-timewasting-internet-nerd now!

Cheers,

Mike

Likes (received)

Whew ...

Just noticed BruceB's post count has dropped through the floor. It's down in the 200's now i think.

Hasn't lost as many posts as Tony, but as a percentage ....
    Huw Larsen

Number 1 member of the Default Collective of Misfits

Likes (received)

well... that leaves us with only one option.... let's spam the karate forum

damn.... I went from 980 to 350
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

Likes (received)

Well at least Bruceb is no longer in the top 10

I think it does make sense, It was pretty bad when you get these people up on the top posters who really don't contribute to the group much apart from silly posts. (yes, that includes me) Nothing wrong with silly posts though.

I just think its hard to figure out who has got any credability on this group anymore.

We used to have karma which was a great way of figuring out who knows there stuff and is a nice guy. If you are a newbie its hard to figure out who'd views in a discussion is more credible.

Then that went, so people used number of posts to see who hangs around in the place and knows everyone. Now thats gone too.

fair enough i do agree with john in doing it, but at least bring back the karma option so you know who's views stand up more.

Cheers
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Likes (received)

Talking Karma police ....

Matt,

The thing with Karma was people were abusing it. For someone they didn't like, they'd leave multiple negative karma, and for people in their little group, they'd leave multiple positive karma (often to try and cancel out multiple negative karma left by another group). All this made a mockery of the karma system.

If it were to be brought back, it'd need to be altered so you couldn't leave more than 1 positive or negative karma per person per thread (or per post).

I think if it could be altered, then it should be brought back (until people work out another way of abusing it!)
    Huw Larsen

Likes (received)

yeah phil, I noticed that with some of your threads...

You would have put it up for about 15 minutes with no replies and it's already got one star...quite pathetic really, it's a shame it's annoymous.

I think maybe Jon should start making people pay for it, like $5 dollars a year? it's not much and it would ween out trolls...

Cheers,

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
    I think maybe Jon should start making people pay for it, like $5 dollars a year? it's not much and it would ween out trolls...
    Like trolls couldn't afford $5? And, if the service is now fee-paying, we'd be able to demand certain other provileges in return. It's hard for John to ban someone, or even suspend them, if they've paid money to be here.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Kimpatsu
    Like trolls couldn't afford $5? And, if the service is now fee-paying, we'd be able to demand certain other provileges in return. It's hard for John to ban someone, or even suspend them, if they've paid money to be here.
    A ha! good thinking...jeez, i spose they is no way of just having a forum where people just get along...but then again I spose it's just human nature to be in constant competition.

And it's the nature of the internet to hide be hind a mask/ monitor.

Do you know what?

I think Martial Arts and the internet is a bad mix...

The two things where egos are high (in some situations), come together to form a pit of disagreement and no backing down until someone steps in. I've just remembered why i never discuss MA online.

You can't abuse the 'thread rating' feature - it only allows you to vote once per thread.

As far as I can tell, the thread rating is just a very crude opinion poll, compiled from an average of those who can be bothered to vote. If only one person votes and gives it one star, well that's your lot.

Cheers,

Mike

bruceb Guest

Default Now ... Now ... no big deal ...

What was it that the most prolific posters told me back in January?

It's not the length of the post or the amount of posts you put out there, but the brevity and wisdom imparted in the words.

Well, dear friends .... just like a lesson from your teachers ... the lesson has come and gone.

What ever we have learned will show itself in what we do from here on out.

Likes (received)

But, you can only do it once. If you do get zapped by one post, rate your own thread at the max...
    John Lindsey

Likes (received)

Default karma comeback?

John,

Any chance of a modified version of Karma making a reappearance?
    Huw Larsen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast