Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you post count drop?

Cool

Ha! Just for the hell of it, I gave this thread a one-star rating. Obviously only one person before me gave it the full constellation.

Cheers,

Mike

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Mike Williams
    Ha! Just for the hell of it, I gave this thread a one-star rating. Obviously only one person before me gave it the full constellation.

Cheers,

Mike
    And i've put my Karma up to 2000+ (on a bit of paper)

I feel special now
    Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Likes (received)

Default Or ...

Maybe someone just doesn't care for your post topics? C'mon guys, y'all need to get some kind of life if you are spending that much time on e-budo taking up bandwidth. If the vast majority of your posts are in the Member's Lounge, what does that say about your need to make some friends OFF the computer?

Just a thought.

Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

bruceb Guest

Default Freudian slip?

Originally posted by Sharp Phil
    Unless you're being stalked by a troll who has multiple e-budo IDs.
    Uh-oh ....

How many Id's do you have PHIL???

Likes (received)

damnnnn... i've just thought of it... This severely impacts my life..

I used to go up to girls and say:"Hey good-looking, I've posted more than 900 times on e-budo.... wanna come up to my room?"

and that worked... it really worked....
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

Likes (received)

Default Re: Or ...

Originally posted by pgsmith
    Maybe someone just doesn't care for your post topics? C'mon guys, y'all need to get some kind of life if you are spending that much time on e-budo taking up bandwidth. If the vast majority of your posts are in the Member's Lounge, what does that say about your need to make some friends OFF the computer?

Just a thought.

No, it just means that some people like to talk and have fun, and don't believe in discussing certain aspects about martial arts on the net.

And what phil said too

Likes (received)

I think the majority of a person's posts being in the lounge is simply proof that there is only so much you can say about a MA in a medium like this. After a point, you see the same topics popping up year after year. Once you've seen the 10th newbie post asking where he can get a sakabatou or if it is OK to perform tameshigiri on fruit, well, it just becomes old hat. So, you mainly hang out in the lounge, where there's usually new stuff.

Also, the path of budo is kind of a personal thing - something more to be done then talked about, I think. Then again, I have few friends and precious little desire to make any more - so perhaps that's it.
    David F. Craik

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Soulend
    I think the majority of a person's posts being in the lounge is simply proof that there is only so much you can say about a MA in a medium like this. After a point, you see the same topics popping up year after year. Once you've seen the 10th newbie post asking where he can get a sakabatou or if it is OK to perform tameshigiri on fruit, well, it just becomes old hat. So, you mainly hang out in the lounge, where there's usually new stuff.

Also, the path of budo is kind of a personal thing - something more to be done then talked about, I think. Then again, I have few friends and precious little desire to make any more - so perhaps that's it.
    Perfectly said.

I've argued with everyone and argreed with most too, this works, that does, etc etc.

Only my family and you guys know I do martial arts, and even then no one knows what i do because it does not achieve anything. I don't hide it, but i would hate to mention it in every reply like some people.

Cheers

Likes (received)

I think the reason most people post in the members lounge is actually the fact that more people seem to read the members lounge than any other forum..

want to ask a question and be sure you get an answer...... post it in the members lounge (at least that's what I always do)
    Rogier van der Peijl

REAL SCOTSMEN WEAR KILTS because sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards!

Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
    Ah, what a cutie, Rogier. I'll bet a lot of ladies in Netherlands are mourning because you are out of circulation now!

bruceb Guest

Default Oh well ....

Another unimportant piece of useless information put in its proper place .... post counts slam dunked into the round file....

Bye-bye. Good riddence.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Sharp Phil
    I'm not complaining; I am merely observing.

Although he does have me on one recent bit of spam, Matt, in that I posted a subscription drive for The Martialist. Those are the only rare bits of spam in which I indulge, however.
    That's cool mate.

But I wouldn't call it spam because many people are interested in joining, it's just a bit of active encouragement

take it easy,

Likes (received)

I lost just under 1/3 of my post count.......

Not as bad as some....... does that mean I post some sense?
    Steve Williams

Harrow Branch.
    Shorinji Kempo UK.
    www.ukskf.org

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Rogier
    I used to go up to girls and say:"Hey good-looking, I've posted more than 900 times on e-budo.... wanna come up to my room?"
    and that worked... it really worked....
    How about me, Rogier? I had over 5,000 posts.
    Damn John Lindsey ("The Slasher")

Kimpatsu Guest

Originally posted by Steve Williams
    I lost just under 1/3 of my post count.......
    Not as bad as some....... does that mean I post some sense?
    No, you post 100% nonsense.

Likes (received)

Talking That explains it ...

I was wondering why the hakama thread got bumped back up. (Much to Mr. Power's embarassment!)

Always makes me a bit sad though whenever I run across anything from Toby.
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast