Likes (received)

Talking K.I.S.S.

Hmmmm.....
    Interesting.
    Regards.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

There is poor spelling and there is POOR SPELLING. We all make spelling mistakes-esp! Me.

But the ones in the post that started this off and in later posts, in my view, are much to consistant to be anything but on purpose.

I would not waste my time with this one-not serious.

Chris Thomas

Likes (received)

This is just like a ten years old kid who claims he can perform brain surgery better than a skill surgeon, and the kid is not ready to take advices or criticism. This is just a typical teenager situation. they even think that they can conquer the world. To the end, there are only two types of teenagers, the first will open their minds to listen and take advices, criticism, and they will be success in the future. the second will not do the same and they will stay in the dark for the rest of their lives. It is the same thousand years ago, it will be the same thousand years later.
    Lan Nguyen

Likes (received)

To the end, there are only two types of teenagers, the first will open their minds to listen and take advices, criticism, and they will be success in the future. the second will not do the same and they will stay in the dark for the rest of their lives. It is the same thousand years ago, it will be the same thousand years later.

Bit harsh on the teenagers, Lan! There are some who go through their teenage years being complete and utter prats but turn into fine adults. They just do their growing up a little later than others. There are plenty of so-called adults who are completely unwilling to learn from anyone, especially their up-and-coming teenage son or daughter who is prepared to look at the world through fresh eyes. (I am not putting the originator of this thread in that category however!).

On a side note, I am completely amazed that this thread has covered three pages now; I never expected it to get past one! Must be a lot of bored people out there...(and I am obviously one of them ).
    Hugh Wallace

A humble wiseman once said, "Those who learn by the inch and talk by the yard should be kicked by the foot."

Likes (received)

By: Niktle S. ha ha ha
    I think our anthill has been kicked.

Wtah's sokpoy is taht it dndi't tkae me any lgeonr to raed tihs tahn it did the oehtr pstos. Fekary.
    Haj Ross (linguist up at UNT) thought it was too easy. He rescrambled the letters more a-syntactically and turned it into a real mess (better than I could). But still readable -- you can't do much with the 1 through 4 letter words.
    Jack Bieler

"The best things can't be told; the second best are misunderstood; the third best are what we talk about." - after Heinrich Zimmer

Likes (received)

I don't buy it.

Is Niktle's name an anagram?

Got to be Ellis Amdur or Dave Lowry having us all on.
    We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular. Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula.

Likes (received)

Originally posted by glad2bhere
    Sorry, Brian. I think I am dating myself. (--- gee, I hope I'm having a good time!) "Spell-Check" was a function on one of the early word-processing programs and I have gotten used to using that term to identify that particular function. The program itself--- which ever one it was---- may not even exist anymore. Probably off of a COMMODORE, or a FRANKLIN. Now THERE are some names out of the past. In fact, does anyone on here remember the OHIO SCIENTIFIC? How about that first TRS-80 with a whopping 8K of RAM! No kidding! 8K!! About the only game you could play was PONG but since that was pre-PAC-MAN I'll bet most folks have no idea what the hell I'm talking about . I probably need to close this out and get back to my rocking chair.
    Oh, it's not just you. Nearly everyone calls it "spell check."

Never had or used an Ohio Scientific, but I did have a TRS-80. After that an Apple IIc. But "my" first computer, at school, was a DEC PDP-8 with 6 ASR-33 Teletype terminals. Each terminal got 4k of RAM. We saved our programs on punched paper tape! Of course, without graphics and fancy user interfaces you could do a lot with 4k. My first personal computer had a 10Mb hard disk, and I thought I'd never use it all. Now I've got a six year old Compaq Presario with a 1.5Gb hard drive that is maxed out, and the old machine won't recognize any of the new, larger drives I've tried to install. So it's time for a new machine for Christmas. Of course, by the time I get it home from the store and plugged in it'll already be obsolete. Oh well.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Originally posted by kage110
    On a side note, I am completely amazed that this thread has covered three pages now; I never expected it to get past one! Must be a lot of bored people out there...(and I am obviously one of them ). [/B]
    Have you seen the "Why is Iaido practiced kneeling" thread? It's over twenty pages.

With my habit of going off thread, I could probably stretch this one out for a while, too.

Does that ever happen to any of you?
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Originally posted by cxt
    There is poor spelling and there is POOR SPELLING. We all make spelling mistakes-esp! Me.

But the ones in the post that started this off and in later posts, in my view, are much to consistant to be anything but on purpose.
    Could be on purpose, I suppose, or it could be that English isn't the first language of the writer. That would also explain consistent spelling mistakes.

On the other hand, I know more than one junior high aged person who does almost nothing but play video games, skateboard, and watch TV after school. They NEVER read for pleasure. And their spelling and grammer look just like the first post on this thread. And yet they keep getting promoted to the next grade in school.

We've never had 100% literacy in the world, but in the U.S. functional literacy rates have actually gone DOWN in the last decade.

I cry for the future. Glad I probably won't be around when these kids' children are running the world.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

They NEVER read for pleasure.
    I have a goddaughter who was like that. The future will be saved by Harry Potter.
    Jack Bieler

"The best things can't be told; the second best are misunderstood; the third best are what we talk about." - after Heinrich Zimmer

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Jack B
    I have a goddaughter who was like that. The future will be saved by Harry Potter.
    I hope so. But the kids I'm thinking of will just wait for the movie.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

MartialArtist Guest

One word to describe this thread

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Charlie Kondek
    I don't buy it.

Is Niktle's name an anagram?

Got to be Ellis Amdur or Dave Lowry having us all on.
    I am with you. This smacks of flame bait. someone pushing our buttons for the fun of it.
    Kampai
    Jason Wood

"te" form + "kudasai" = polite imperative

mech Guest

Default Thanks

Yes I have to thank that guy Stan Lee for its kindly explanation and pointing out a supposed error of backing up an inquirer (and for prevent to be sliced by Mr. Armstrong SAHA!!... )

"The presenter have to say to the sword master: you go wood sword first."
    S.K.:

Both Stan and Bruce were right: Sword was to be mastered on the battlefield, but very few escaped alive from spears and swords from anywere for to keep mastering for a long time.
    Unless you were wacthing battle protected by a circle and giving instructions from a horse...

Mech
    manuel Ch. A.

"The shortest distance between two points is under construction."

Noelie Alito

Mark A. Carter Guest

Originally posted by Yagyu Kenshi
    Oh, it's not just you. Nearly everyone calls it "spell check."

Never had or used an Ohio Scientific, but I did have a TRS-80. After that an Apple IIc. But "my" first computer, at school, was a DEC PDP-8 with 6 ASR-33 Teletype terminals. Each terminal got 4k of
    A good ol' TRaSh-80? Sheesh those were the days - of course I was only 6 years old That's the typical RAM size of a 'high end' automotive ECU nowadays.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast