Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm published...

Likes (received)

T'ai Ji Monkey Guest

Hey, I thought it was you when I read it this morning on the train.

Congrats.

P.S.: Going to the Taikai next month?

Troll Basher Guest

I heard a good definition for some gaijin that come to Japan......... they are called L.B.H.s or "Losers Back Home"
    You can find a majority of them working in Eikaiwa language schools across Japan

Likes (received)

I guess I have that to look forward to with my Japanese wife... now that we are living in SF Bay Area... how long till they leave you? (Ya know... just so I can plan my next vacation to Bangkok)
    *grin*

-Michael Bland

Likes (received)

Hey, you moved back?

I don't think you have to worry about it. You aren't over 45, you aren't ugly--though you are not my type--, and I didn't get the feeling that Chi was just looking at you as a greencard.

That being said, you got two years to find out.

This post is like 6 months old or more, btw. You got time on your hands?
    Daniel Madar

Likes (received)

Most of my customers are in Japan... it's Golden Week... and I am stuck in the office here in Cali. So, ya... bit o' time on my hands.

Glad to hear you are still pluggin along and speakin the truth in the Times, by the way.

As for Chi findin someone else... the guys are lining up for her here. I recently have been thinking about pounding on some TKD guy. There is this Chinese dude in her ESL class she takes who has been calling our house when I am out asking to get down and dirty with her. Normally, I wouldn't get too put out about it... but she says this guy has been claiming to be a great TKD stylist.

Now come on... isn't this guy just beggin for me to school him? So far, I just haven't bothered to go down to her class to mess with him, but it has been fun cherishing the upcoming moment so far.

*grin*

-michael bland

P.S. - How's fatherhood, Daniel?

Likes (received)

It's not the one chinese guy, its his 40 friends... but pound him anyway. TKD, wtf happened to China?

Fatherhood is awesome, except for the lack of sleep which destroyed all training. Son is amazingly cute, looks totally like a combination of my wife and I.

BTW, I got a weird question, are you half japanese?
    Daniel Madar

Likes (received)

BTW, I got a weird question, are you half japanese?
    Why does everyone ask me that? *shrug*

Nope... 100% American... whatever that means. My father is of Irish/English descent. And my mother has a few things in her, mostly Iroquois Indian.

-michael bland
    - Michael Bland

Likes (received)

I get it alot too. In your case it's your eyes. I never thought it until I realized that my son kind of resembles you, coloration wise. He pretty much looks a straight mix. I'll send you a pic to show you what I mean, if you want.
    Daniel Madar

Likes (received)

I realized that my son kind of resembles you
    Hey... lucky kid. *chuckle*

Please do PM me a photo!
    - Michael Bland

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Michael Bland
    As for Chi findin someone else... the guys are lining up for her here. I recently have been thinking about pounding on some TKD guy. There is this Chinese dude in her ESL class she takes who has been calling our house when I am out asking to get down and dirty with her. Normally, I wouldn't get too put out about it... but she says this guy has been claiming to be a great TKD stylist.
    1. Call police, file criminal complaint, get paperwork. Maybe file harassment suit for good measure.
    2. Notify INS about upcoming trial. (Maybe find out if he's working illegally somewhere and throw that in too.)
    3. INS throws guy out of country, bans him for life.
    4. Game, set, match.

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

Likes (received)

Im a bit slow but I READ THAT!! Nice article, right on the topic

I had a bit of a chuckle when i read that because thats what alot of people think when they come over. Im planning to go teach in the lowest rung of japanese employment, eikaiwa. Mainly to get back into training, my (japanese) friends actually laughed at me when I said I planned to do that!!
    Leon Appleby (Tokyo Ouji)
    半ばは自己の幸せを、半ばは他人の幸せを
    SK Blog at http://www.leonjp.com

North Queensland Australia. On the barrier reef.
    Likes (received)

How about "Snobbery in Japan- A Gaijin Perspective". I spent five years in Japan, starting in eikaiwa and moving onto JHS and elementary schools. LBH?? How about LIJPAHDOA- Lives In Japan Permanently And Has Delusions Of Adequacy.
    Lurking in dark alleys may be hazardous to other peoples health........

Likes (received)

Since I lost my job, my wife told me I had to go back to teaching english. I told her I would rather kill myself. That being said, I admire anyone who can do it long term.

The funny thing about that article is that I just fired it off in response to something else they had posted. It's completely crap written, because I didn't know they were going to publish it. They never asked me if they could, and if you are published, they give you a 2000 yen gift certificate for Tower records, which I never got since they assumed I lived in SF.

BTW Jock, did you JUST update your profile? 2 seconds ago it said "Live in Japan -teach english" Now it says something about Oz.
    Daniel Madar

North Queensland Australia. On the barrier reef.
    Likes (received)

Yes indeedly- just got back to Oz. Now doing the "Jobsearch runaround"! I'm still waiting for my references from japan so I can apply for my teaching licence in Queensland. I'm going to renew my security licence in the meantime- been back for a week and got two job offers! Nice quit jobs too, catch up on my reading.........

Started up the old dojo again. Should keep me off the streets.
    Lurking in dark alleys may be hazardous to other peoples health........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast