Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nunchaku Kata

from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; temporarily in Bristol, UK
    Likes (received)

Originally posted by TomMarker
    http://wackett.enc.org/~tmarker/1.jpg
    http://wackett.enc.org/~tmarker/2.jpg

as i said, the book isn't set up well for scanning individual techniques...
    Despite a couple different details from the version I have been taught, the kata presented in the scanned pages apparently is the beggining of Maezato no Nunchaku. Maybe some other kata has a similar beggining but I do not know. Do you guys?
    Sidarta de Lucca

Likes (received)

The kata in that book starts out doing Maezato No Nunchaku , then goes into Akamine No Nunchaku . I have the other one , as well , I think the other one might be one that Sakagami put together , or perhaps one Inoue designed .

David

Likes (received)

Default re

In the second book (the English/Japanese one) Sakagami clearly states that he has "arranged the basic formal exercise in Nunchaku techniques from basic movements handed down" from his teacher Shinken Taira. I think I remember that this is written on the first page.

Inoue in Ryukyu Kobudo Jôkan (1974) gives some Kobudo Masters with their respective Kata... Under Shinken Taira are Kongo no Kon, Jigen no Sai, and Maezato no Tekko. As he has the Nunchaku Renshu Kata 1 and 2 in his 3 Volumes, this could mean that he also did not learn a finished Nunchaku Kata from Taira... but also just the basics, which were put in some Sequence:

- Yoi - kamae: Nunchaku horizontally held up with both hands...
    - Hon Kamae
    - Gyaku Te Uchi no Kamae

And thats how they all begin.

And always the Hon Kamae - Gyaku Te Uchi no Kamae combination.

I may check if Sakagami's versions and Inoue's versions are the same... but I don't think so.
    Best regards

Andreas Quast

We are Pope!

Likes (received)

Default Re: re

Originally posted by Shikiyanaka
    Nunchaku are "forbidden objects" [not weapons] in Germany. When I asked the federal police office they told me, that there is no chance to legally buy, produce, possess ... Nunchaku in Germany in any case...
    Now, this is an interesting thing. I know several kobudo schools in Germany that have nunchaku in their curriculum and that are teaching it.

You're sure that the law is not a regional thing there?
    Jussi Häkkinen
    Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do
    Turku, Finland

Likes (received)

I know several kobudo schools in Germany that have nunchaku in their curriculum and that are teaching it.
    Jussi, hahaha, let them Cowboys go ahead and state oficcially what kind of Nunchaku they train, when and were.

They maybe use those plastic sport-nunchaku, or made of rope or something else... the connection at the legal sport nunchaku is done in a way that they break if to much force is applied... so that it is not possible to use it as a lever to choke or break bones or whatever...

Normal nunchaku - those of Shureido for example - are forbidden; in whole Germany... and there is no "maybe". You do not even have the right to hang them on the wall in your living room. That is the fact. Even the sport nunchaku are only certified for certrain federal states.

The difference between a "forbidden object" and a weapon is, that in case of a weapon there is usually a certain official paper available to legalize the possession of it through some kind of training and testing. In the case of the "forbidden object" this is not the case.

You may ask those guys from Germany if they would state here what they do, which Nunchaku they use, where they train (outside? a park? in the cellar) and also if they know about the facts of that law.

I know that the one or the other has Nunchaku. I trained in my garden with one a friend brought with him in August this year; and visiting a course a friend of mine from Holland brought one with him and of course a tried. I trained with real nunchaku for some years 20 years ago... it is not really something new to me... or something that makes a nunchaku-gollum out of me...

It is simply not legal.
    Best regards

Andreas Quast

We are Pope!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2